FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass {Archive} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1956614-questions-regarding-united-club-one-time-pass-archive.html)

aacharya Apr 14, 2016 11:33 pm

Yes..

jlemon Apr 15, 2016 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Explore (Post 26487784)
I don't see anything in the T&C to suggest otherwise. But can someone confirm?

Thanks.....

When connecting at DFW on AA, we've never had a problem getting into the UC there with the passes.

joseeantonior Apr 30, 2016 11:55 pm

Does anyone know how the dragons are with regards to scanned/photographed passes on IAH terminal E? A friend wants to send me one for a trip I have in July (just in the verge of them expiring).

NA-Flyer May 1, 2016 12:36 am

Is there a UA club in Frankfurt airport and can I purchase access to that lounge?

WineCountryUA May 1, 2016 12:50 am

Originally Posted by joseeantonior (Post 26559883)
Does anyone know how the dragons are with regards to scanned/photographed passes on IAH terminal E? A friend wants to send me one for a trip I have in July (just in the verge of them expiring).

Some have reported success doing this but there is no known formal policy using this method.

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer (Post 26559987)
Is there a UA club in Frankfurt airport and can I purchase access to that lounge?

No UC @ FRA. *A flyers use one of the LH lounges which do not offer general paid access.
UC members or premium cabin *A or *G members have access.

Non-NonRev May 1, 2016 1:07 am

There is a paid lounge landside in T1 "Lux Lounge" ... €30 for 3 hours €50 for all-day pass. (This is the old AA Club).

cur May 1, 2016 6:50 am

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 17763435)
That's good to know, especially because it flies in the face of the T&C (bolding mine).

I received two cards myself and gave them to my son shortly thereafter, so I don't have them to refer to now, but would someone who still has a card check to see if there is any kind of serial number on it? If not, then I would suppose you're good to go because how else could COdbaUA know a particular card is associated with a closed account and therefore invalid?

it does not fly in the face of the TCs: it says to receive the passes you cannot be in default. it says nothing about when or how you may consume said passes.

NA-Flyer May 1, 2016 7:55 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 26560016)
No UC @ FRA. *A flyers use one of the LH lounges which do not offer general paid access.
UC members or premium cabin *A or *G members have access.

Is E+ considered as a premium cabin to let the traveler enter the LH lounge at FRA?

sbm12 May 1, 2016 8:19 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer (Post 26560903)
Is E+ considered as a premium cabin to let the traveler enter the LH lounge at FRA?

No.

sallyerd May 3, 2016 5:43 am

Does Chase re-issue passes that have already been used?

Forgive please if already answered... but I read all 19 pages of this topic and haven't seen this question.

I don't remember if I already used my 2015-2016 passes or if I simply mis-laid them. Chase is sending me new ones. Before I travel in August, how can I find out if I have used the original passes months ago? IIRC, "the dragons" confiscate the cards upon entry to club. But perhaps I just lost my original cards... or maybe Chase would not have offered to re-issue cards that have already been used.

WineCountryUA May 3, 2016 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by sallyerd (Post 26569944)
.... Before I travel in August, how can I find out if I have used the original passes months ago? ....

Not aware of any method you have access to to determine this. Short of asking at a UC with the actual pass, doubt there is any answer. Since you getting a replacements, should not matter. Fairly sure the new Chase passes will be new codes. Would be questionable to even attempt to use the earlier ones if found.

Ram Trucks May 3, 2016 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 26571965)
Not aware of any method you have access to to determine this. Short of asking at a UC with the actual pass, doubt there is any answer. Since you getting a replacements, should not matter. Fairly sure the new Chase passes will be new codes. Would be questionable to even attempt to use the earlier ones if found.

Not really. I use the old "never got my passes trick" to get a new set, LOL. An old trick that many use.

Wx4caster May 7, 2016 6:02 pm

So much for the "hospitality-focused customer service approach" by Sodexo

Perhaps this was mentioned upthread and I missed it, but it was unbeknownst to me that the ORD B18 club no longer accepts Chase one-time passes. My parents found this out the hard way this morning, a Saturday morning at 4:45am, when they were told the club gets crowded so they could not enter. I had no idea pre-dawn Saturday was now a major business travel period. I do see after the fact that the website now indicates that this club is not accepting passes, but certainly not something I thought to check in advance.

However, that's not the main issue I have - My mother is disabled with very limited mobility. Given the HNL flight arrives just next door at B17, I did not arrange a wheelchair to get her to the B18 club - with enough time, it's a doable distance for her - but just barely. After being turned away, she asked the club agent to request wheelchair assistance as she couldn't continue to walk - and the agent said "you'll have to walk back to the gate and arrange it yourself". :confused::td:

Back at the gate, an agent called a cart, but the driver then told my non-disabled father that he would not take him (from B17 to F23) because "you can walk on your own".

So, I guess a typical day flying the Friendly Skies. :mad: I'm probably just as mad at myself for knowingly booking their paid F travel on UA.

WineCountryUA May 7, 2016 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Wx4caster (Post 26591315)
Perhaps this was mentioned upthread and I missed it, but it was unbeknownst to me that the B18 club no longer accepts Chase one-time passes. My parents found this out the hard way this morning, a Saturday morning at 4:45am, when they were told the club gets crowded so they could not enter. ....

The passes say on the back "subject to space availability" and with the ongoing renovations (B6 UC now closed) has created a space shortage. Similar issues are common at LAX during it renovations.

Wx4caster May 7, 2016 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 26591405)
The passes say on the back "subject to space availability" and with the ongoing renovations (B6 UC now closed) has created a space shortage. Similar issues are common at LAX during it renovations.

I know about the caveat for space availability, which can even apply to members. However, while I was not there in person, I don't believe a space shortage existed at 0445 on a Saturday. Perhaps it's a subtle nuance, but "current and/or impending lack of available space" and "the potential for future lack of space sometime in the next week" are different. This seems like a case where common sense could have prevailed. But, at least to UA's credit, it is posted (I just found out too late).