FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass {Archive} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1956614-questions-regarding-united-club-one-time-pass-archive.html)

Often1 Mar 17, 2012 6:48 pm

Nope. They are for UC's.

nwflyboy Mar 17, 2012 8:29 pm

Oh well, I figured as much. Thanks.

Strom Mar 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy (Post 18220804)
Question: I'm flying on an award ticket soon, used United miles for tickets on Lufthansa. We've got a 6-hour layover in Frankfurt outbound. As best I can tell, United does not have a Club lounge in FRA, but LH has a couple. We have no status.

For a 6-hour layover, I'd figure something out, but LH doesn't sell lounge access.

If you happened to be in the market for a new credit card, you could sign up for an Amex Platinum which gives you membership in Priority Pass Prestige ($399/yr) and has 2 lounges in FRA Terminals 1 and 2D. Annual card fee is $450/year, but you get $200 back in airline fees (which you can get back for purchasing gift certificates), $100 reimbursement for Trusted Traveler, automatic elite status with Hertz, Avis, and National, automatic Starwood Gold Preferred, etc.

Relevant thread: Amex Plat special: 50K points if you spend $3k in first 90 days

The PP lounges are not as nice as LH and you still have to pay $27 per guest, but ... fwiw. Good luck.

webazoid May 7, 2012 10:46 pm

United Club pass from chase: Any use at ICN, BKK, or PEK?

Got United club pass from chase. It's a onetime pass Will there be any use for it on a connecting flight thorugh ICN, BKK, or PEK? It says; 'Valid only in United Clubs. Excludes United arrivals lounge and united international first lounge".

Update 10/25/12:

Here's some FAQ's copy/pasted/modified from various posts in this thread.

Do I need to present my United credit cad with them or not? Or my united FF number?
-- No, just submit the pass at the counter and you are in.

I have two free lounge passes from the credit card. I will be traveling with an 11 year old, but read you have to be 21 to go into the club? Is that true or does one have to be with someone over 21?
--They can go in as long as accompanied by adult. The *may* be required to purchase a separate club pass.

What are the locations of United Clubs internationally:
--gru, sdq, pty, mex, gua, eze, gum, hkg, mel, nrt

Can you enter and leave a lounge as needed?
-Strictly speaking, its a one time pass that you hand over and you will lose priveledges to re-enter once you leave. However, somoe have been able to re-enter on same day after speaking w/ agent and seeing if the agent would let them return.

So I just applied for the MileagePlus Explorer card from Chase. One of the benefits it lists is two Club passes to the United Club lounges. Are these passes valid at Star Alliance business/first class lounges as well?
-- No. They are only valid at United Club locations.

Can you use other star alliance lounges?
--No.

I have two of these passes. I am traveling with my wife and two kids. Could I take my kids (4 and 8) in on these passes, or do they also need their own pass? Thanks
--Strictly speaking 1 pass per person. But YMMV depending on agent letting the kids in for free.

Can I purchase a day pass to the UA club without flying out on UA (or another alliance flight)?
--if you can get to the lounge, then yes

ual744777sta May 8, 2012 12:40 am

Unfortunately your passes will not be valid at those airports.

donho00 May 8, 2012 2:54 am

UA in BKK uses Thai Silk Lounge

superunknown May 8, 2012 8:13 pm

United day pass question regarding minors..

I have some United Day passes that I was hoping to use. \However United never responded to my online inquiry. If I bring my child (age 6) to the club, will they also require a day pass or are minors free?

Thanks!

aacharya May 8, 2012 8:21 pm

By the rules, they need a pass.

In practice, YMMV.

mrosskam May 8, 2012 8:53 pm

I received two United Club passes in the mail with my chase card. I have an upcoming trip to china that connects me in Toronto. Will I be able to use one of the passes at Air Canada's Maple Leaf Club in toronto. Also, in Beijing there is no United Club and so all United customers on first/business class ticket or who are United Club members are directed to the Air China Club, will I be able to use my United Club pass in the Air China Lounge in Beijing?

AirJam389 May 8, 2012 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by mrosskam (Post 18539664)
I received two United Club passes in the mail with my chase card. I have an upcoming trip to china that connects me in Toronto. Will I be able to use one of the passes at Air Canada's Maple Leaf Club in toronto. Also, in Beijing there is no United Club and so all United customers on first/business class ticket or who are United Club members are directed to the Air China Club, will I be able to use my United Club pass in the Air China Lounge in Beijing?

I would not expect to be able to use the passes in anything other than an actual United Club

travelsg May 12, 2012 5:45 pm

Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass

just received two United Club one-time pass in the mail, and have two questions:

1. do you have to hold a UA BP to get access? (The T&C on back of the pass didn't mention it.)

2. there is a field for United Club guest name: ____. does that mean I can bring in a guest? or it means myself only?

am1108 May 12, 2012 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by travelsg (Post 18563421)
just received two United Club one-time pass in the mail, and have two questions:

1. do you have to hold a UA BP to get access? (The T&C on back of the pass didn't mention it.)

2. there is a field for United Club guest name: ____. does that mean I can bring in a guest? or it means myself only?

1) No, just as long as you are flying out, just arrived or connecting from somewhere that same day...
2) The pass is for one person only, and it does not have to be you. (You can give the pass as a gift to a friend, family member, etc.) The field is so that UA Club can put the name of the person who is using the pass.

Archive thread:

aacharya May 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by am1108 (Post 18563443)
1) No, just as long as you are flying out, just arrived or connecting from somewhere that same day...
2) The pass is for one person only, and it does not have to be you. (You can give the pass as a gift to a friend, family member, etc.) The field is so that UA Club can put the name of the person who is using the pass.

Not quite correct for #1. Theoretically, you don't even have to be flying.

am1108 May 12, 2012 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya (Post 18563465)
Not quite correct for #1. Theoretically, you don't even have to be flying.

Well, yeah... but you cant just go through security to go to the UA club on a one-time pass.

one noted exception: LGA - where the UA club is before security. Which I guess I just proved your point :D

travelsg May 12, 2012 6:20 pm

Thanks for the reply.. on 1 alone, UA pass seems to be more flexible than AA.

Have a trip coming with transit in LAX. maybe I can find some use for this pass, despite flying on AA. But not sure how easy it is to go between AA's ternimal (T4) and UA's terminal (T6-8??). Are they connected after security?