FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass {Archive} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1956614-questions-regarding-united-club-one-time-pass-archive.html)

SzatRyan Oct 17, 2012 9:01 pm

Are there any United Clubs at heathrow? I only see the United Club list for domestic airports on the website.

WineCountryUA Oct 17, 2012 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by SzatRyan (Post 19516955)
Are there any United Clubs at heathrow? ...

no -- there is a shared *A club

Originally Posted by SzatRyan (Post 19516955)
... I only see the United Club list for domestic airports on the website.

There are UCs at international airports - NRT, HKG, EZE, .... but none in Europe

webazoid Oct 18, 2012 12:41 am

Originally Posted by winecountryua (Post 19516978)
no -- there is a shared *a club

there are ucs at international airports - nrt, hkg, eze, .... But none in europe

gru
sdq
pty
mex
gua
eze
gum
hkg
mel
nrt

wildviper Oct 19, 2012 11:02 am

Can someone tell me if we would be allowed in the *A lounge in Heathrow?

Just booked an Award ticket LHR-LAX on United with upgrade to Business Class via miles. We are not status holders.

I ask only cause the lounge access policy rules from *A's websites states that we have to be a revenue client.

Here the rules:

International Business Class Customers: Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned Business Class lounges.
  • Customer must present a boarding pass for travel in International Business Class on a Star Alliance flight
  • Customer must be departing from the local airport in International Business Class
  • Customers must be a revenue customer
  • Customer is not entitled to any guests

IAH-OIL-TRASH Oct 19, 2012 11:10 am

Originally Posted by wildviper (Post 19526582)
Can someone tell me if we would be allowed in the *A lounge in Heathrow?

Just booked an Award ticket LHR-LAX on United with upgrade to Business Class via miles. We are not status holders.

I ask only cause the lounge access policy rules from *A's websites states that we have to be a revenue client.

Here the rules:

International Business Class Customers: Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned Business Class lounges.
  • Customer must present a boarding pass for travel in International Business Class on a Star Alliance flight
  • Customer must be departing from the local airport in International Business Class
  • Customers must be a revenue customer
  • Customer is not entitled to any guests

You bought a ticket, which you subsequently upgraded. You have access. What they're targeting with the rules are employees who are flying on non-rev tickets. You would even be allowed in if you had a BF ticket obtained by miles only.

wildviper Oct 19, 2012 11:28 am

thank you.

Now I am hoping that by "bought" you mean inclusive of Award booking the entire trip. :)

14940674 Oct 19, 2012 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by wildviper (Post 19526770)
thank you.

Now I am hoping that by "bought" you mean inclusive of Award booking the entire trip. :)

In this regard, award bookings are revenue tickets.

ThePointsCollector Oct 24, 2012 8:30 am

United lounge one-time pass question

Do I need to present my United credit card with them or not? Or my united FF number?

oldgoldflyer Oct 24, 2012 8:34 am

No, just submit the pass at the counter and you are in.

ontheway Oct 26, 2012 6:02 am

Question about the lounge passes - Minors Allowed?

I have two free lounge passes from the credit card. I will be traveling with an 11 year old, but read you have to be 21 to go into the club? Is that true or does one have to be with someone over 21?

IAH-OIL-TRASH Oct 26, 2012 6:04 am

They can go in as long as accompanied by adult.

mrkymark Oct 31, 2012 2:04 am

It still boggles my mind that UA took a step back and eliminated online purchase of one time passes. I use to buy a lot for friends and co-workers since I got them reimbursed by company, credit cards or different programs. Now you can only buy them straight from the Club.

I emailed United Club and they said, "thanks for the feedback - no change anticipated."

CaptKornDog Oct 31, 2012 7:26 am

Originally Posted by mrkymark (Post 19596286)
It still boggles my mind that UA took a step back and eliminated online purchase of one time passes. I use to buy a lot for friends and co-workers since I got them reimbursed by company, credit cards or different programs. Now you can only buy them straight from the Club.

I emailed United Club and they said, "thanks for the feedback - no change anticipated."

+1

I even bought two last year during the $39 "sale" online as a stocking stuffer for relatives who had a long trip coming up.

cblaisd Oct 31, 2012 7:56 am

If this was noted upstream, apologies - I obviously missed it.

During a mid-October itin, a family member who had an old-style Continental President's Club one-time pass accidentally offered the agent one that had expired 9/30 (he had a couple of current 11/30 ones in his wallet that I'd given him but had forgotten to discard the 9/30 one). The agent said that she couldn't accept the expired pass, but she could accept it if $25 accompanied it, or he could pay $50 for a regular pass.

Is this standard? If so, is there some expiration window after which an expired doesn't work for that discount? Or was this an idiosyncratic agent? ;)

CaptKornDog Nov 3, 2012 10:27 pm

While I know the one-time passes aren't supposed to be sold or bartered, I'm seeing dozens of these on eBay. What are the ramifications of buying/using a one-time pass, or has anyone been successful previously without incident (say one of the Explorer card passes)? I'm looking at getting a pair as a stocking stuffer for a friend and relative and $20-30 sounds a lot better than $100.

...hypothetically of course.

Thanks!