Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Entered wrong year on pax identication ID

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

I just made a reservation for my mom. I entered all her personal info required for pax ID. After the purchase went through I realized that I had put MY birth year for her birthday. If I go to Edit passenger information, there is nothing that allows me to correct a birthdate. How can I make this correction. I don't want her to get to the airport and be turned a way because the reservation info does not match her drivers license.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, DL Platinum, B6 Mosaic
Give them a call and ask them to change it. If they cant’t, your within 24hrs of ticketing, so just cancel and rebook.
SFO777 and Silver Fox like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Call. CS should be able to change it.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
I entered the wrong birthday on a reservation for my parents about two years ago. I tried to get it fixed but couldn’t get it changed so I just left it. They flew with no problem. Apparently the birthday doesn’t have to be correct.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This only matters is seeking to use Pre-Check or possibly GE/Nexus on an international ticket. It may also matter if there is a name and date or birth match to a watch list. But, none of these will disqualify her from flying and if the DOB can't be changed, it will either not matter or, at worst, be a minor hassle. E.g., she's stuck in the standard rather than Pre-Check line.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass Platinum
I have changed the birthday with UA after booking and ticketing several times. In fact, when I don't know someone's birthday as I make a reservation, my standard thing is to guess a birthday, make the reservation, and then call and have it changed to be the correct one. Never a problem.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Don't waste your time - prior to the introduction of Precheck and a resulting cease-fire in my multi-year war with the TSA, I was putting random birthdates and genders on all of my tickets to purposely mess with their database and never had a single issue. I still don't fly domestic or international flights with my middle name on the ticket, which appears in my DL and passport. Unless you're trying to match a KTN as noted above, it won't matter and I wouldn't waste any time with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.