Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

IAH agent 'shuts door' on Big Bang Theory actress

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAH agent 'shuts door' on Big Bang Theory actress

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: MYOB
  • Self proclaimed famous person arrives late from inbound flight.
  • Gate agents process the flight (off loads self proclaimed famous person) in accordance with standard process/timeframes
  • So called famous person doesn't get their "entitled' seat.
  • So called famous person takes to social media to "right the wrong"

Next.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DENflyer3
I would have barred her from the flight for having to endure Blossom with my College girlfriend, I will never get those years back.
It's not her fault you stayed with the the girlfriend.
AceReport likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by DENflyer3
I would have barred her from the flight for having to endure Blossom
I'm sure that's more likely than a dislike of The BBT.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Late arrival of connecting flight . Seat given away and no room in the overhead. Typical tale of flying with United which is why I now allow very long connection times. Frequent travelers do this which is why Centurion lounges now have to impose a three hour maximum before departing flight.

Frequent travelers know this "service" policy. Infrequent travelers are amazed at this treatment since United caused the delay. I was astounded when I first encountered it.

We on FT know this is the United service. It just got highlighted to the Twitter world by someone whose tweets get noticed by a number of people.
chavala and Jane42 like this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Too bad it wasn't Larry David. Then we know that there would be another full season of shows.
The "Curb your Enthuiasm" episode that started with a missed flight and downgrade/reroute is one of my favorites. I watched it on an AA flight, too (and they did that to me once).

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Late arrival of connecting flight . Seat given away and no room in the overhead. Typical tale of flying with United which is why I now allow very long connection times. Frequent travelers do this which is why Centurion lounges now have to impose s three hour maximum.

Frequent travelers know this "service" policy. Infrequent travelers are amazed at this treatment as was I when I first encountered it.

We on FT know this is the United service. It just got highlighted to the Twitter world by someone whose tweets get noticed by a number of people.
It isn't just UA that processes upgrades to F (including as late as T-10 or T-15 or whatever the published guidelines are for being at the gate per airline), so the only logical thing is to get rid of complimentary gate upgrades so that the passengers paying 3x to 5x more than a Basic fare can actually get their seat when they arrive at the gate.
denver19 and ATLintheair like this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Gig103
The "Curb your Enthuiasm" episode that started with a missed flight and downgrade/reroute is one of my favorites. I watched it on an AA flight, too (and they did that to me once).

It isn't just UA that processes upgrades to F (including as late as T-10 or T-15 or whatever the published guidelines are for being at the gate per airline), so the only logical thing is to get rid of complimentary gate upgrades so that the passengers paying 3x to 5x more than a Basic fare can actually get their seat when they arrive at the gate.
Um, you must mean 1.25X to 2X or you haven’t flown lately. And, no, it’s definitely not worth it for UA to hold a kettle’s $69 TOD any longer than the published T15 boarding deadline.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B

Um, you must mean 1.25X to 2X or you haven’t flown lately. And, no, it’s definitely not worth it for UA to hold a kettle’s $69 TOD any longer than the published T15 boarding deadline.
I haven't flown UA in a while but if F fares are that cheap maybe I should (with appropriate layovers). On AA/DL I find first FC tickets on my routes at least 3x basic.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:20 pm

Looks like her bag is probably bigger than carryon

Last edited by claaaaaydavis; Feb 12, 2019 at 12:21 pm Reason: link
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: none
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer

which she could care less about apparently.
Or, maybe she couldn't

Either way, This calls for throwing the BS flag
In2ishn likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Doesn't United have special handlers at its hub airports to ease the transfer of VIPs and celebrity travelers? That could have avoided this whole scenario.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: GS, Marriott Titanium LT, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
Maybe she tried to board with a carrion rather than a carry on?
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:56 pm

She referred to the GA as "that lady stewardess"? Also, how in the world did she manage to break her suitcase just from running? Seriously, how is that even possible?
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by kimberlyrose
Also, how in the world did she manage to break her suitcase just from running? Seriously, how is that even possible?
Well, IAH is a fairly large and spread out airport. Having had to do the dash from C gates to E gates (especially high numbers to high numbers) and scrambling between other people on a mile+ run/walk in a hurry van give plenty of opportunities to smash luggage into fixed immovable objects, drop items, etc., I certainly can understand how you could break a suitcase.

David
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:55 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
good.
her self importance can only take her so far.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: none
+1
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.