Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Mailing Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, restarted for new 1Ks?

If you did not receive a Yellow Baggage Wrap when you reached 1K or you need another one, email 1Kvoice and request another one. They should respond and tell you that they will ship you one out within 7-10 business days.
If they do not respond to your original email, send another email.
If they do respond but do not mail you a Yellow Baggage Wrap within 10 business days then re-request one with a copy of their original response.

The bag wrap can provide priority processing of your gate check bags on UX. It may help checked bags also but the primary benefits is first delivery of gate check bags. It is not 100% (this is UA ) but with time it has become very common benefit for many UX flights.

The only known formal mention of Yellow Wraps (but only readable by GS)
Originally Posted by Ari
https://globalservices.united.com
At The Airport --> Boarding and Baggage --> Baggage
Yellow Handle Wrap for gate-checked baggage on United Express(R)-operated flights, for expedited gate checking and delivery

Thread archive:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Hopefully these are more durable than they look!
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hopefully they change colors every year. You just KNOW people will hang onto them and when they don't qualify for 1K or get invited to GS they will just keep it on their bag and get a benefit they are no longer entitled to. I see total abuse in the system after the first year. And now knowing what they look like I could very easily go get one made, but I won't as I always check my bag anyways.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Didn't get one yet.

But ummmm.... I don't think this is a UA benefit. I think it's one of those freebies companies give away just because they can.

I interpreted the wording as "use this so that YOU can PERSONALLY identify your own bags faster on a belt or jet bridge." In which case, yes please I hope they come in various bright colors.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:48 pm

Programs: The Marina. Comic Relief. UA 1K and 1MM. MacBook Pro.
Originally Posted by cranky1K
A square envelope from UA came in the mail today.
Thank god it didn't contain cocktail napkins. Is it softer than Cottonelle?
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Slurve30
Didn't get one yet.

But ummmm.... I don't think this is a UA benefit. I think it's one of those freebies companies give away just because they can.

I interpreted the wording as "use this so that YOU can PERSONALLY identify your own bags faster on a belt or jet bridge." In which case, yes please I hope they come in various bright colors.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...k-gs-tags.html
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by cranky1K
"You're among our best customers, and the enclosed MileagePlus handle wrap is a token of our appreciation.
These "Handle Wraps" are ONLY on loan to UA's "Best Customers".
EVERY 12/31, if a "Best Customer" doesn't meet their required spend to maintain status these treasured tokens must be returned by 1/31, of the following year, or ALL RPU's are null & void.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xzh445
Not really. If a flyer was issued a luggage tag in a previous year (due to earned status), and then was not GS/1K this year....you really think that they would remove their tag?
And people issued these yellow handle wraps will just leave them on too. So only really good for the rest of this elite year.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by LilAbner
These "Handle Wraps" are ONLY on loan to UA's "Best Customers".
EVERY 12/31, if a "Best Customer" doesn't meet their required spend to maintain status these treasured tokens must be returned by 1/31, of the following year, or ALL RPU's are null & void.
Or they could change the color every year on 2/1 and smoke out the former best customers!
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Slurve30
Didn't get one yet.

Maybe you missed the other thread(s) - The new yellow handle is for GS/1K RJ gate checked bags. It is so GS/1K receive the bags first. They are the last bags to be loaded and the first to be offloaded and delivered planeside.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
I can hear it now:

$10,000 and all I get is this lousy handle wrap?!

LOL!

(So says the easily-reminded-that-I-don't-count-for-much Plat ...
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UnitedFlyGuy
Maybe you missed the other thread(s) - The new yellow handle is for GS/1K RJ gate checked bags. It is so GS/1K receive the bags first. They are the last bags to be loaded and the first to be offloaded and delivered planeside.
So my question is are they going to make everyone else wait as they now make 2 trips to deliver the gate check bags. They usually unload them all onto a cart and then if they go into a jetway pile them all into the jetway, will they now unload all the yellow handle ones, deliver them to the jetway, go back and get the rest and deliver them to the jetway? Or unload them all then sort them when putting them on the jetway? And as mentioned above if they work at all like the priority tags do on checked luggage there will be no difference.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Yeah, totally missed the other thread. I stand corrected!
Old Jun 25, 2013, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by Baze
So my question is are they going to make everyone else wait as they now make 2 trips to deliver the gate check bags. They usually unload them all onto a cart and then if they go into a jetway pile them all into the jetway, will they now unload all the yellow handle ones, deliver them to the jetway, go back and get the rest and deliver them to the jetway? Or unload them all then sort them when putting them on the jetway? And as mentioned above if they work at all like the priority tags do on checked luggage there will be no difference.
No. All the bags will come on the same cart just like it is now--The tag is the equivalent of priority tags for normal checked bags.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 9:35 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Maybe its just the picture, but looks like it would come off and get lost very easily!
Old Jun 25, 2013, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by UnitedFlyGuy
The tag is the equivalent of priority tags for normal checked bags.
Did the document for prioritization read just like the checked bag priority letter?:::

All stations except EWR- Please deliver the yellow handled gate checks first
EWR ONLY-Please feel free to kick yellow handled bags to gate area, where you will make the yellow tags the last bag. UNLESS it is sunny and 65degrees outside, then you will proceed to get a water hose to make it seem as if it was raining!

Seriously---I know its small, but this WILL add a benefit to the 1K above Plat! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.