Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Message on UA.com when searching for awards outside USA

updated evening (PST) 27 Feb 2019 to
Award travel on Singapore Airlines is temporarily unavailable. Our airline partner is diligently working with us to address this situation.
previously
Award travel on Singapore Airlines, TAP Air Portugal and THAI is temporarily unavailable through MileagePlus.
— We’re working on making these awards available, and you may still be able to find awards on other partners.
Plus ANA(now restored).
Print Wikipost

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:40 pm

ANA. - (NH) Flights Not Showing Tonight

Don't see any ANA flights tonight. Hope this is just for tonight.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:34 am

Looks like ANA is added to the list. What are UA doing.
https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/02/20/...#disqus_thread
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:36 am

Not Allowed to Book United Flights on Thai (TG) Award

Thai (TG) would not allow me to book United flights to & from Houston to connect to my trans-Pacific ANA (NH) flight to Tokyo.
They said the trip was "too long." I don't know if was related to this TG-UA problem or if TG limits Star Awards to three (3) segments in each direction.

I am happy that I was using up the Thai miles this year rather than the United miles because at least I was able to book a TG & NH first class round trip.

Even if they allowed me to book the flights to & from Houston the UA flights would have been in coach to connnect to a first class flight to NRT.

Remember the days when Continental would open up the domestic first class inventory if you were booking a business or first class international award?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by potm
Looks like ANA is added to the list. What are UA doing.
https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/02/20/...#disqus_thread
All of the domestic ANA flight I was looking at, was gone. Called the call center and they claimed to see 0 availability as well. Called SQ and they see availability, so it has got to do with UA's availability.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jsloan
Any limit would be UA's, not TG's.
Actually, it's TG's limitation. OP booked a ticket through TG's Royal Orchid program. Post belongs in the TG forum.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Actually, it's TG's limitation. OP booked a ticket through TG's Royal Orchid program. Post belongs in the TG forum.
I can't read. . Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jsloan
I can't read. . Thanks.
It's a natural assumption in the UA forum that we're posting about UA awards
jsloan likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:20 am
Formerly UA Beta Insider
Company Representative, United Airlines

Programs: United MileagePlus
We are aware of the issue with not being able to book award travel on ANA (NH) on-line. This is a technology issue only impacting certain booking channels. Agents should be able to book over the phone, though.

Doug
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:39 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by goodeats21
It is so bad that I actually booked an Air China itinerary, with a 1hour 10 Min connection time in PEK, just to have something workable for a trip.

I hope this is fixed soon and I can find a better option....
There have been reports of folks (above) having success in finding TG space when changing existing reservations, whereas it's not showing for new bookings. On your Air China booking, if you try to change it on united.com, do any TG options appear?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by 1984SW
There have been reports of folks (above) having success in finding TG space when changing existing reservations, whereas it's not showing for new bookings. On your Air China booking, if you try to change it on united.com, do any TG options appear?
That is a good thought, but unfortunately, no TG options appear when I try Change Flights on the itinerary. It is not until December, so I am hopeful an alternative is found before then...

Unrelated - I will be in Jomtien late March if you are around and want to grab a drink...
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:07 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
It is so bad that I actually booked an Air China itinerary, with a 1hour 10 Min connection time in PEK, just to have something workable for a trip.

I hope this is fixed soon and I can find a better option....
That is a good thought, but unfortunately, no TG options appear when I try Change Flights on the itinerary. It is not until December, so I am hopeful an alternative is found before then...

Unrelated - I will be in Jomtien late March if you are around and want to grab a drink...
Thanks for checking that out. I was curious if that were a dependable way to find TG award seats.

Re: The Jomtien meeting, it will depend on my doctor. I had eye surgery and the recovery period has been slow. I'm *hoping* to be away from Thailand in March, but don't know yet. Stay tuned (via private message...)!
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by UA Digital Insider
We are aware of the issue with not being able to book award travel on ANA (NH) on-line. This is a technology issue only impacting certain booking channels. Agents should be able to book over the phone, though.

Doug
The issue with TG, TP and SQ has been going on a lot longer than the one with NH, is United doing anything about that?

Are you waiving the phone booking fee for using an agent?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by worldtrav
The issue with TG, TP and SQ has been going on a lot longer than the one with NH, is United doing anything about that? Are you waiving the phone booking fee for using an agent?
According to posts here and elsewhere, United phone agents see the exact same thing on their internal system that customers see on their public-facing website -- that is, nothing. Award inventory for all the mentioned carriers simply does not appear in their systems (because United is explicitly and intentionally blocking all of it).

I would say that building a system where it's an option to intentionally block all award availability on partner airlines is pretty consumer-hostile, and when United encounters some undesired glitches with award inventory (which was their original explanation for blocking all award inventory on all these airlines, back in December), the first action they take is to flip the "block everything" switch, then they quietly sit on it for weeks without owning up to what they did, reveals a lot about United's inclinations and their attitude towards members of their loyalty program. It sure makes United look like they don't give a damn about their customers.

Of course, letting it just sit like that for now nearly 2 months only reinforces that image of United as a company that treats its customers with contempt. Not quite the same as viral video of a bloody passenger being dragged off a plane, but a lot of people have had their travel and family holiday plans completely disrupted because of this, and it's pretty obvious to anyone who's paying attention that this just is not a priority for UA.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:26 pm

I'm extremely frustrated by the blocked award space, as it's directly impacted my ability to book tickets. I'm also less than thrilled with UA's communications on the subject.

That said, I've had a number of interactions with cs personnel at various levels over the past year or so that have left me no doubt that UA does care about my business, and generally wants to do the right thing (consistent, that is, with its status as a for-profit corporation).
nwflyboy likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Do we know that TG award issues with United flights are definitely arising from the TG side and not the United side?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.