Wiki Posts
Search

UA Error 3500 :(

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Airlines
UA Error 3500 :(

Hello everybody. I'm hoping that all of us are better able to solve the problem I've been having than either I or United's customer support have been. In mid December, I started getting Error 3500 every time I try to use United's Personal Device Entertainment (PDE) system in flight. The error occurs on both of the Iphone 6S's that I carry. It also stopped working on my macbook. Here's some relevant device info:

Iphone 6S #1 (work phone): iOS 10.3.3, so Safari v.10. United app 2.1.67
Iphone 6S #2 (personal phone): iOS 10.3.1, so again, Safari v.10. United app 2.1.67
It also won’t play on my MacBook Air: 10.11.6, Safari 10.1

All three devices used to work just fine with the onboard PDE, and I had not made any changes at the time the error began to appear. All three of the devices are capable of using the inflight wifi with no problems; the issue is limited to the PDE. The United app version is the most up to date, and the OS is within the range that United specifies is acceptable for using the PDE. This has happened on the last ten flights that I've been on; various different aircraft types. United customer service does not know what Error 3500 is, and has been very dismissive of the problem. United told me that it's a problem with my wifi (even though that works just fine on each flight), told me it's the OS (even though every device has a slightly different version of OS), told me that each device can't be used (even though they had all worked previously), etc. etc. So, the questions I am pleading with you to help me answer are:

1. What does Error 3500 mean? You can see in the picture that I attached that the error message doesn't give you any clues/help.

2. Is anyone aware of a change that was made to the PDE systems on United aircraft in December 2018?

3. Any suggestions how to fix it? As usual, United is only interested in your money. Once they have it, you can deplane forever as far as they care.

Thanks for the help, and please repost in other locations that occur to you. The bigger the crowd that sees this, the bigger the crowd knowledge applied to fixing it!
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:27 pm

From doing some quick googling, it appears that Error 3500 is associated with Adobe AIR. It appears that the United PDE app is built on/using this platform. This issue may be out of their control and the focus for Adobe and/or United is likely adding or maintaining support for new iOS devices.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:34 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
With a "revamp" UA app release planned for 24 Jan 2019, it may be easiest just to wait for that release and start from that point. There is going to be little motivation from UA to address issues on a soon to be obsolete app.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 17, 2019 at 1:40 pm Reason: fixed link
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
I wouldn't expect United customer service (GA, FA, mileageplus, UA line) to know what a 404 is, and that's a common error seen on a daily basis. You're asking the wrong 'type' of crowd. Have you tried talking to web support who would be more able technically to deal with 'error messages'?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Airlines
I have, and I'm still hunting. At this point I'm reaching out in every direction. Just finding out what Error 3500 means would be a useful breadcrumb to solve the problem.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 9:59 am

Programs: United
Error3500Guy, did you ever get this worked out? I am having the same issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 3:32 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I am guessing that the error being seen might due to the older hardware being used in combination with the app. The iPhone 6 series, to my knowledge, does not support the most recent version of iOS which could be the cause for f the problem. I will try United PDE on my flight in 20 min and see how my iPhone 11 works with the service.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Happened to me on an iphone 11 with latest iOS and United app. Plane was an older 737 with DirecTV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.