Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is United now serving half cookies in First Class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is United now serving half cookies in First Class?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:45 pm

Just flew BOS - LAX in first. We had a whole cookie.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bocastephen
please report this to the GS desk - this is really unacceptable by any measure
Perhaps a DOT complaint is warranted as well, once they're back at work.
seat38a likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by kale73
Perhaps a DOT complaint is warranted as well, once they're back at work.
If this is acceptable service for you, that's OK, but it's not for me, especially if I am paying for a premium cabin experience and receiving something that barely passes as Spirit's Big Seat....for the OP, probably even less so given they are GS

If it was a catering mishap, the FA should have apologized and explained the situation (proactive service recovery) which would have ended the issue right there to the satisfaction of most, however they did not, which left the customer with a less than acceptable experience. It should be reported so UA can #1 , track the catering mishap in case it was not reported by the crew or received the proper follow up, and #2 , if it was not a catering issue but rather a crew issue, they can follow up to figure out what was happening on that flight - ie, dividing up the cookies so the crew could have some is definitely not OK

To put it another way, the cookie was the symptom - UA needs to be notified so it can figure out the real problem.

Last edited by bocastephen; Jan 8, 2019 at 3:50 pm
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
If any of you read the BA forum, perhaps these cookies are meant to be served with the BA 1/10th full glasses of champagne which were discussed a couple of days ago.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
If miscatering or mishap, could they not offer a full cookie or a snack from BOB?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
If any of you read the BA forum, perhaps these cookies are meant to be served with the BA 1/10th full glasses of champagne which were discussed a couple of days ago.
I just saw that. Hilarious.

I seriously doubt UA would skimp to serve half cookies. Half or reduced size maybe, but not cookies cut in half.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
If this is acceptable service for you, that's OK, but it's not for me, especially if I am paying for a premium cabin experience and receiving something that barely passes as Spirit's Big Seat....for the OP, probably even less so given they are GS

If it was a catering mishap, the FA should have apologized and explained the situation (proactive service recovery) which would have ended the issue right there to the satisfaction of most, however they did not, which left the customer with a less than acceptable experience. It should be reported so UA can #1 , track the catering mishap in case it was not reported by the crew or received the proper follow up, and #2 , if it was not a catering issue but rather a crew issue, they can follow up to figure out what was happening on that flight - ie, dividing up the cookies so the crew could have some is definitely not OK

To put it another way, the cookie was the symptom - UA needs to be notified so it can figure out the real problem.
Are you really suggesting that the DOT be notified because of a cookie?

Im not saying that UA doesn’t have problems, but really? A cookie? And do you really think the crew is so desperately greedy that they steal half of the cookies for themselves? Why not all the cookies if they already went that far?

Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by BB2220
Im not saying that UA doesn’t have problems, but really? A cookie? And do you really think the crew is so desperately greedy that they steal half of the cookies for themselves? Why not all the cookies if they already went that far?
Nice outrage, except Boca never mentioned anything about the DOT. A previous poster did -- but they were being sarcastic.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:36 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BB2220

Where did I ever suggest a DOT complaint over this?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I don't think DOT has jurisdiction over cookies.
bocastephen likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Suspect spotted...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.