Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:15 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by st530
The same ole kale and egg white pastry. Seemed slightly bigger. Other choice was turkey protein plate.

It seems how the sauce is served is up to the FA's. Some put it on the side, some pour it on top, and some like couple posts up pour half on top and the other half on the side.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:41 am

UA2041 LAX - EWR 757-200 Seats 1A, 1B and 1E. Flight attendant was the same person who we had before, we recognized each other and just as before, he was very attentive to passengers. He also closed the galley curtains so the light would not disturb passengers trying to sleep.

Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:52 am

7/7/2019 UA1871 EWR - LAX Seats 1A, 1B and 1E. Another great service aboard from the FA's. Again on this flight, they closed the galley curtains to prevent the flight from disturbing sleeping passengers. The FA's even tried to do another hot towel before landing, but had to put it away because of the chime from the cockpit to take their seats.

The day before we ate at Peter Lugers and before the flight, the three of us finished off a 42oz tomahawk ribeye and the spicy lobster at Classifieds so we all chose the turbot for main. We were beefed out. The fish was moist and delicious.

Last edited by seat38a; Jul 19, 2019 at 3:00 am
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Here's a 1st (or "Business") for me...IAH-BJX (Leon), any idea what Mesa serves on a 2 hr. E175 to interior Mexico for Dinner?

img
Should be similar to the previously posted CLT-IAH meal (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...l#post31297003). Perhaps the plastic wrap will be removed from the plate, and perhaps one sandwich wrap will also be remved.

Originally Posted by seat38a
UA2041 LAX - EWR 757-200 Seats 1A, 1B and 1E. Flight attendant was the same person who we had before, we recognized each other and just as before, he was very attentive to passengers. He also closed the galley curtains so the light would not disturb passengers trying to sleep.

img
img
img
img
img

img
img
Did the wrap actually have a siracha / sriracha flavour?

7/7/2019 UA1871 EWR - LAX Seats 1A, 1B and 1E. Another great service aboard from the FA's. Again on this flight, they closed the galley curtains to prevent the flight from disturbing sleeping passengers. The FA's even tried to do another hot towel before landing, but had to put it away because of the chime from the cockpit to take their seats.

The day before we ate at Peter Lugers and before the flight, the three of us finished off a 42oz tomahawk ribeye and the spicy lobster at Classifieds so we all chose the turbot for main. We were beefed out. The fish was moist and delicious.

img
img
img

img
img
img
img
img
First time I have seen the candied orange peel — lucky!
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found

Hang on.. is that a tasty appetizer and a good salad? Kirby! I'm a shareholder and I demand more profits!

Originally Posted by fumje
Assuming it's the same one they serve on Express, only vaguely.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
Should be similar to the previously posted CLT-IAH meal (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...l#post31297003). Perhaps the plastic wrap will be removed from the plate, and perhaps one sandwich wrap will also be remved.

First time I have seen the candied orange peel — lucky!
No, I didn't even realize it had siracha until you mentioned it. The cabin was dark and I didn't pay attention to the wrapper before eating it. Only reason why its so bright is because I used the flash on my iPhone.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:05 pm

LAX - IAH UA2364 Seat 1A, 1B, 1E. Segment 1 of 2. Heading to Mexico City.

Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:08 pm

IAH - MEX UA1024 Seat 1A, 1B, 1E. Segment 2 of 2. Heading to Mexico City. Breakfast.

Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
July 15 EWR - LAS

kale and egg white pastry or protein plate. Maybe I don’t fly as much anymore, but surprised to see a light protein plate as a 2nd option for a 5 hour flight option. More surprised it was all gone by the time it was time for my choice, but the hot item was my first choice. I thought more people would want the hot breakfast on an early longer flight. I enjoyed it. Served with a biscuit, didn’t see an option for cinnamon roll. Meal orders clearly done by status.

Side note, the recline on row 4 on the 738 is terrible. It reclines, but def less than upfront. I was more comfortable in 7C on the A320 interns of legroom and recline. coming back
Old Jul 22, 2019, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by COEWR2587

img
kale and egg white pastry or protein plate. Maybe I don’t fly as much anymore, but surprised to see a light protein plate as a 2nd option for a 5 hour flight option. More surprised it was all gone by the time it was time for my choice, but the hot item was my first choice. I thought more people would want the hot breakfast on an early longer flight. I enjoyed it. Served with a biscuit, didn’t see an option for cinnamon roll. Meal orders clearly done by status.

Side note, the recline on row 4 on the 738 is terrible. It reclines, but def less than upfront. I was more comfortable in 7C on the A320 interns of legroom and recline. coming back
My understanding is that all domestic First service offers only one hot and one cold option now. That's been going on for about a year(?). The protein plate is pretty good in my opinion.

Re: side note, I don't believe row 4 is limited on any of the 738. Row 5 on the 739 has problems, though.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 6:10 pm

MEX - IAH UA428 5/23/2019 Boeing 737-800 Seat 1A, 1B, 1E. Pancake breakfast with fruit compote, bacon and ham. Segment 1 of 2. The FA forgot the syrup until we were halfway done. She brought it out profusely apologizing for the mistake.

Last edited by seat38a; Jul 22, 2019 at 6:16 pm
Old Jul 22, 2019, 6:15 pm

IAH - LAX UA2172 5/27/2019 Boeing 777 1L, 1K, 1G. Dinner. Flight was 5+ hours delayed. Full dinner service along with refills throughout the flight and another final round of drink service before arrival at LAX.

onthesam likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:14 pm

IAH - LAX UA2172 5/27/2019 Boeing 777 1L, 1K, 1G. Dinner. Flight was 5+ hours delayed. Full dinner service along with refills throughout the flight and another final round of drink service before arrival at LAX.

I’m sure a salad like that helped make up for the 5 hour delay. 😬😬
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by Hammer0425

I’m sure a salad like that helped make up for the 5 hour delay. 😬😬
After spending the grand total layover time of 8+ at the United Club, Priority Pass Restaurant and the AMEX Lounge, I picked at everything and really didn't eat too much of anything. Was too full and tired.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
After spending the grand total layover time of 8+ at the United Club, Priority Pass Restaurant and the AMEX Lounge, I picked at everything and really didn't eat too much of anything. Was too full and tired.
What was the main course that you photographed for this meal? It looks like a melange of two United F dishes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.