Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Portugal trip next June (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Looking for some info on LIS and lounges. As it turns out, my brother-in-law and I both have to overnight in LIS on our way back home from TER. I invited him to save some $$ by grabbing the second bed in the hotel I booked but more importantly, we both have flights out of LIS at about 10:00. He doesn't have status but as a 1K, I should be able to use either the TAP or ANA lounge (and I guess there's a another contract *A lounge?). I don't think we get breakfast at the Radisson so I'm thinking about just heading over the airport, checking in and then relaxing in one of the lounges before our flights so am looking for feedback on the respective lounge offerings there.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:13 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ExplorerWannabe
.... so am looking for feedback on the respective lounge offerings there.
Fall 2018 UA forum Lisbon Business Class lounge
Old May 5, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Looking for some info on LIS and lounges. As it turns out, my brother-in-law and I both have to overnight in LIS on our way back home from TER. I invited him to save some $$ by grabbing the second bed in the hotel I booked but more importantly, we both have flights out of LIS at about 10:00. He doesn't have status but as a 1K, I should be able to use either the TAP or ANA lounge (and I guess there's a another contract *A lounge?). I don't think we get breakfast at the Radisson so I'm thinking about just heading over the airport, checking in and then relaxing in one of the lounges before our flights so am looking for feedback on the respective lounge offerings there.
Was just in both lounges on May 3. My wife didn't like the ANA lounge, The Tap lounge has better food IMO, but I think the seating was better in ANA. They are next to each other, so you can try them both.
Old May 5, 2019, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the info!
Old May 7, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Thanks for the info!
be aware that check in even with business class privileges may take a while at LIS in the morning with UA. Even with fast track security you may have an issue getting to the club in a decent amount of time it could be at least 45 minutes from starting to check in to the clubI think my record time was like 25 minutes. After the club you have to go through passport control before the gate and depending on the day it could be five minutes it could be 25 minutes. So be aware of how much time you actually have in the lounge. After the lounge you have to go through passport control before the gate and depending on the day it could be five minutes it could be 25 minutes. So be aware of how much time you’ll actually have in the lounge. I prefer the tap Lounge over all others and they do have a good pastel de Nata that’s warm in the morning Pro tip when you come up the escalator and you are approaching the United check-in counters look for a representative and tell them you have a business class ticket they will part the Red Sea for you (works for *Gold too)
artvandalay likes this.

Last edited by Flying Machine; May 8, 2019 at 10:36 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.