Search

United flights out of C gates in DEN?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2018, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
United flights out of C gates in DEN?

When did this start? Historically, UA has exclusive use of the B gates, with a few A gates back in the TED days.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) | National Exec Elite | Global Entry | HH Silver
First I’ve heard of it, however DEN has been replacing a lot of ramp concerete around many of the B gates which may be the driving reason behind this. I can only imagine that it is temporary.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
I noticed a UA plane at C a week or two ago. GA told me they're looking to use several C gates in addition to the A gates that they currently use. No mention as to whether it's temporary, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Right now it's for the concrete pad replacement project (two or so gates OOS at a time) but no doubt United wants to squat on as many DEN gates as it can. With a return to a banked schedule and more expansion planned, UA is already right up against its gate capacity with no plans to slow down. I would expect these gates to be used at peak times much like UA is already using a few A gates for mainline departures now, too.

The rumor is that United eventually wants to move most of the UAX operation to the east end of A, especially the 50-seaters. That's consistent with plans to replace the NE B regional shed with mainline and build out more gates on the west end of B.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 1k; 1MM, HH Diamond; Hertz PC, Costco member
I had this happen earlier this year - so I know it can happen.

I almost missed my flight flight since I assumed it would fly out of B. Based upon a number of others who rushed up, I wasn’t the only one surprised.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: 3 Month Delta Plat, UA PP 2.4mm, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Lifetime Diamond, National EE
I just had it happen today, no big deal, but I wasn't connecting either.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
The map in Hemispheres has UA listed in terminals a/b/c. I found that surprising.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:49 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
The map in Hemispheres has UA listed in terminals a/b/c. I found that surprising.
I believe the train also announces united at some of the other terminals.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
It’ll be that way for a while, because of the concrete replacement as others have said. I’ve had flights both out of A and C recently (past 2-3 months). Asked a UC agent about it once to verify before making the long trek over. Was told that UA has 2 gates at C they use for now during the reconstruction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.