Wiki Posts
Search

A United FA Made Me Cry (In a Good Way)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
A United FA Made Me Cry (In a Good Way)

It was a simple act. On the 319 I was in row 2 and an elderly (wheel chair on/off-load) woman made her way to the forward lav. She spent a good 3-4 seconds at each row steadying hands on the seat backs (coming from around Row 10). As I realized what was happening before and before I would have walked her up with my arm she was already making her way past row 1.
A few minutes later I look up and see the F FA doing a 1/4 squat while she walked and the woman was behind her hands on each shoulder steadying herself as she walked back to her seat.
Maybe it was the time of year, the amazing week I had heli-skiing in Canada or maybe the thought that neither of my two living grandparents would ever be able to travel alone. Thankfully I had my sunglasses to put on as I started to get a bit misty eyed.

There are a lot of people out there and even a simple gesture goes a long way.

Happy Holidays everyone.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: UAMP Global Services, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
It was a simple act. On the 319 I was in row 2 and an elderly (wheel chair on/off-load) woman made her way to the forward lav. She spent a good 3-4 seconds at each row steadying hands on the seat backs (coming from around Row 10). As I realized what was happening before and before I would have walked her up with my arm she was already making her way past row 1.
A few minutes later I look up and see the F FA doing a 1/4 squat while she walked and the woman was behind her hands on each shoulder steadying herself as she walked back to her seat.
Very touching.
JVPhoto likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Maybe it was the time of year, the amazing week I had heli-skiing in Canada or maybe the thought that neither of my two living grandparents would ever be able to travel alone. Thankfully I had my sunglasses to put on as I started to get a bit misty eyed.

Happy Holidays everyone.
What a very touching display of humanity! I would hope that you write in about this flight attendant going above and beyond with their steward leadership. We're all quick to write in and complain but we aren't as quick to write in and compliment to make that difference for someone especially during the holidays.

Cheers Mate!
JVPhoto and gcashin like this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC

Happy Holidays everyone.
I hope if goes without saying but: Please send the details (flight #/city pairs, FA description) to 1KV.
This kind of customer service is awesome and while simple above and beyond/should be recognized.

And Happy Holidays!
JVPhoto, cricketer and windscar like this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Yes after I posted this I wrote it in. Will be easy to determine (by description) which FA it was on that crew even though I didn't get her name. Compared to the demeanor of her other colleagues on the flight I don't see any of those having done that had they been in the galley when the woman excited the lav.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
And on that day, the flight attendant was indeed primarily there for her safety.
gcashin and JVPhoto like this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Thank you for posting! Sweet! Also I love your music videos on yt (esp Choir Boy and Fearing) and hope you get Topographies at some point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.