Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Stinks!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:16 am
Original Poster

UA Stinks!

Due to illness in HKG had to cancel Asiana F/C flight and ended up on UN 896 J class a couple of days later. Boy did that trip stink. I had a window seat and the guy next to me, who never said one word, spent the whole trip pharting. No empty seats for me to escape. In addition, the service stunk too. Whole meal of barely edible food served all at one time on a tray. Flight attendants served meal, turned off the lights and basically disappeared. When I asked for ramen, I was given a cup of noodles, some hot water and told to " make it yourself". The vaunted Polaris blanket on my seat was torn, threadbare and stained. Worst premium class trip ever. "Polaris" is the pole star. I think I know where I got the pole on this trip.

To top it off, my connecting first class flight was served by a pair of ancient flight attendants. One had very torn black pantyhose drooping on her right leg and the other was wearing a uniform that was covered by so many different food pieces and stains that it looked like it had not been cleaned for a month. "Service" to match.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm not sure why we would blame the airline for another passenger's flatulence.

Under that theory, based on my last TPAC, no one should ever fly Singapore Airlines in business class.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
For those accustomed to flying Asian carriers, the US3 can be a rude awakening!

Originally Posted by CarlL
"Polaris" is the pole star. I think I know where I got the pole on this trip.
Gig103 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
What is this pharting?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:38 am

Strangest thread ever.
mdbe, nancypants, tuolumne and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Feel better now?

Yes, it's not Asiana First Class, and yes, the service is not where it needs to be, but you chose to fly the airline. Don't give them your business until UA can meet your expectations.

Can't imagine the level or type of complaints if OP wound up in coach.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:57 am

I like how people immediately start responding to the farting part, how it's not UA's fault etc.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 21, 2018 at 11:52 am Reason: Discuss the issues, not the poster(s)
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by leonidas
I like how people immediately start responding to the farting part, how it's not UA's fault etc.
One can choose not to eat the food, but one has to breathe...even his/her title says it all.

Worst flight, aromatically, for me was Delta DFW-PDX November 1993. Yes, I remember it that vividly. There were 4 of us spread throughout a 757 front cabin and after landing, we were all talking about it. I don't remember a thing about the food/service/uniforms on that flight.
1015-1k and mdbe like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 21, 2018 at 11:53 am Reason: quote updated to reflect Moderator edit

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
That was OP's #1 complaint. It kind of undermines everything that follows

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 21, 2018 at 11:54 am Reason: quote updated to reflect Moderator edit

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
was it a fart? urban dictionary has a much different definition for pharting. I would like some clarification because there are many questions if it was pharting (biohazzards, how the pax knew, what the FA's response was etc.)
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 21, 2018 at 11:53 am Reason: quote updated to reflect Moderator edit
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:01 am

What should UA do about a farting passenger? Divert and deplane them? Ultimately, an airline is public transportation and you have to just deal with the general public.
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 21, 2018 at 11:54 am Reason: quote updated to reflect Moderator edit
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by bman1002
What should UA do about a farting passenger? Divert and deplane them?
I have to admit, I may have occasionally let one fly on a long-haul myself. I hope this is not a basis for a future diversion and frog march up the aisle in handcuffs.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
,oops I have let a few bad ones go, so sorry. I try to go for a walk in economy, and fart where a baby is seating, so passengers blame the baby and mother. its humorous when I'm walking back to see the mom sniffing the babies diaper.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by mellon
,oops I have let a few bad ones go, so sorry. I try to go for a walk in economy, and fart where a baby is seating, so passengers blame the baby and mother. its humorous when I'm walking back to see the mom sniffing the babies diaper.
So youre saying youre the guy in the video pranks of the first season of American Vandal
pdx1 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
The best defence against farting is to aim the air vent so that it pushes the offender's emissions away from you. Works every time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.