Wiki Posts
Search

MP award schedule change - AC metal

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, MR Gold, SPG Gold
MP award schedule change - AC metal

We had an SCL - YYZ flight on AC metal booked through UA MP for 2 pax leaving on a Wed morning in July 2019. These are I class tickets. Due to a schedule change, that flight flight now operates on Tue and Thu evenings, but not Wed. The system automatically moved us to the Thu flight, but I'd like to depart on Tue instead. There's no I class available on the Tue, but can UA work with their AC liason to get this changed?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:03 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by karlpenney
We had an SCL - YYZ flight on AC metal booked through UA MP for 2 pax leaving on a Wed morning in July 2019. These are I class tickets. Due to a schedule change, that flight flight now operates on Tue and Thu evenings, but not Wed. The system automatically moved us to the Thu flight, but I'd like to depart on Tue instead. There's no I class available on the Tue, but can UA work with their AC liason to get this changed?
Yes you can try but UA has no real influence and this will be an AC decision. Find someone in UA willing to take this on may be a problem, I would start with MP customer service and not Reservations.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
get your flight changed to UA metal.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I would start with MP customer service and not Reservations.
Curious why you think that. My experience leads me to believe it would be an immediate transfer to reservations if you barked up that tree.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by stevenshev
Curious why you think that. My experience leads me to believe it would be an immediate transfer to reservations if you barked up that tree.
IME at least some MP agents will handle award reservation issues and as the OP ask, my guess is the MP agent may have a better handle on I there is a way to get an AC person to address the award issue.If one avenue does not work, other than a little lost time, the other approach is still open.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, MR Gold, SPG Gold
How does one get in touch with an MP agent? If I call the MP service center and choose the reservations option, doesn't that connect me to the same pool of agents as the regular United line?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by karlpenney
How does one get in touch with an MP agent?
MileagePlus contact information

Email
Send a message to the MileagePlus Service Center.Email MileagePlus
Phone
Hours: 7 a.m. – 12 a.m. (CT), 7 days a week
Call from the U.S. or Canada 1-800-421-4655

To reach us from outside the U.S. or Canada, please contact your local United Customer Contact Center.

Fax 1-872-825-0198

Mail
MileagePlus
P.O. Box 1394
Houston, TX 77251-1394
U.S.A.
You may need to play around with the options there are reguarly changing, I usually just wait until someone picks up the call

However, the chances for a better resolution is low

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.