Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New e-receipt / ticket number

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
New e-receipt / ticket number

received an email yesterday with a new e-receipt for travel next march that had already been ticketed about 2 months ago.... no changes what so ever - just new ticket numbers and a new receipt.

Anyone ever experience this happening?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by fwfdan
received an email yesterday with a new e-receipt for travel next march that had already been ticketed about 2 months ago.... no changes what so ever - just new ticket numbers and a new receipt.

Anyone ever experience this happening?
Yes, I did receive one of those last week for a ticket for a trip in November. Trip that I purchased in April and got upgraded in May. Moments of panic as I thought I had lost my upgrade.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HH Gold
Did you contact UA to find out the reason for the new ticket numbers?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Did not contact them as everything looks fine... no schedule changes or anything.... just wondering if anyone else had experienced it...
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Really does not matter if others have experienced this and had no problems. All you care about is you. Call UA.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:30 pm

Maybe related to the change in fare codes?
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by glbltvlr
Maybe related to the change in fare codes?
That was my only thought.

Originally Posted by fwfdan
Did not contact them as everything looks fine... no schedule changes or anything.... just wondering if anyone else had experienced it...
Did your original ticket have a fare class in one of eliminated fare classes?

If everything looks fine now (reservation page, seat selection), I'd not bother contacting UA.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:14 pm

Yep I got my award re-ticketed couple of weeks ago as well. Everything stays the same, traveling in 1/19.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA Plat
This happened to me recently as well. I did contact United, because with the new ticket my award miles and pqds dropped. They could not answer why this happened, but assured me that the original numbers will apply. I am currently on the first side of that ticket, and so far they are correct. The original numbers have already been posted to my account. Still have no idea what prompted the second email. The eticket I traveled on was the second number, but the award miles and pqds were from the first.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
My wife had a bunch of tickets in domestic A class that changed to D, and she did not get reticketed.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Called UA - they said it was because a flight number changed on a secondary carrier in europe. But I got a schedule change on that a few weeks ago.... Just seems odd to me that I got the new ticket number that much longer after I accepted the change.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA 1k
This has happened to me a few times too with connecting carriers in Europe reticketing quite a bit after the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.