Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Has upgrade list visibility changed? Not shown on flight upgrade waitlist after OLCI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has upgrade list visibility changed? Not shown on flight upgrade waitlist after OLCI

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by akhibhag
I had an RPU applied on an M fare.
You should never do that as a 1K. The M fare instant upgrade prioritizes ahead of the instrument, since it books into PN. Applying an instrument confuses the system, leading to problems like this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
You should never do that as a 1K. The M fare instant upgrade prioritizes ahead of the instrument, since it books into PN. Applying an instrument confuses the system, leading to problems like this.
Right, that's why I asked. A 1K would only want to use an RPU on an M fare if it were a non-CPU route -- since there are no Y/B/M instant upgrades on non-CPU routes.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:05 am

Something strange is definitely going on with the upgrade list. I am flying AUS-IAH this morning and my name is not on the list. The list is only showing 12 names waiting to upgrade when you would usually see 30-40 on a Monday morning flight. The group 1 boarding line was miles long.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by stampchez
Something strange is definitely going on with the upgrade list. I am flying AUS-IAH this morning and my name is not on the list. The list is only showing 12 names waiting to upgrade when you would usually see 30-40 on a Monday morning flight. The group 1 boarding line was miles long.
Were you upgraded before check in started?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH

Were you upgraded before check in started?
I was not upgraded.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: UA GS, AA ExP
Originally Posted by jsloan
Right, that's why I asked. A 1K would only want to use an RPU on an M fare if it were a non-CPU route -- since there are no Y/B/M instant upgrades on non-CPU routes.
Ah...learnt something new! most of my travel is international so not very familiar with domestic travel.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador & LTT, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by stampchez
I had the same experience for EWR - ORD this morning. Was not upgraded prior to check-in or flight and name never was displayed on the list at the gate or in the app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.