Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA to operate 6 TATL markets with 78J from EWR; increase GUM-Japan flying

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA to operate 6 TATL markets with 78J from EWR; increase GUM-Japan flying

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37

Not to brag...but I guessed all 6 correct. Just announced this morning.

Nicely done! ^
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat

excellent. Yay for FRA
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by usbusinesstraveller;30219805[left
I’m going to guess LHR, BRU, CDG, TLV, FRA, MUC. But with TLV losing 77W, and the two daily being 78J and Polaris/PE 772.

For TLV, This is makes no sense to go from 110 J seats to 84 J a day. Sorry. I respectfully disagree. Why would they do that?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by saccoNY
For TLV, This is makes no sense to go from 110 J seats to 84 J a day. Sorry. I respectfully disagree. Why would they do that?

I am guessing because they are starting the IAD-TLV and that will boost capacity system wide.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:19 am
Original Poster

The 78J will replace the 772 on the EWR-TLV flight. The 77W will remain.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium

Maybe because they aren't selling all 110 J seats every day? Remember that we don't have the data that they do on actual sales and fares. Also, as noted by jhayes_1780 they may be looking at IAD-EWR-TLV traffic and assuming that the IAD-TLV flight will take some of those J customers.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
The 78J will replace the 772 on the EWR-TLV flight. The 77W will remain.

that's confirmed or speculation? still it's a minus 6 J seats....and I understand IAD affecting connecting pax through EWR. so maybe that makes sense. Being a frequent EWR-TLV flier I am happy for the newer equipment and the new Polaris product that would allow me to consider the early daily flights to/ from. Though a newly config 772 could work too.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by tods27
Maybe because they aren't selling all 110 J seats every day? Remember that we don't have the data that they do on actual sales and fares. Also, as noted by jhayes_1780 they may be looking at IAD-EWR-TLV traffic and assuming that the IAD-TLV flight will take some of those J customers.
Not just IAD-EWR-TLV but XXX-EWR-TLV, for example pax originating on the west coast, midwest, and southeast can now connect through IAD or EWR.

that's confirmed or speculation? still it's a minus 6 J seats....and I understand IAD affecting connecting pax through EWR. so maybe that makes sense. Being a frequent EWR-TLV flier I am happy for the newer equipment and the new Polaris product that would allow me to consider the early daily flights to/ from. Though a newly config 772 could work too.
Generally things posted by JOSECONLSCREW28 (who is an int'l FA) are not speculation.
EmailKid likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
They have to free up the sCO 772 somewhere so they can do the retrofit. The EWR 772 routes are either TPAC/India or BRU, FRA (seasonal) and TLV. Since 78J doesn't have the range to do TPAC, makes sense to swap the 772 TATL routes. It's possible TLV switches back to 772 once the sCO planes get refitted.
(I guess UA can also rotate retrofit sUA 772 through EWR on sCO 772 routes, but haven't seen that happen yet, most have been flying ORD-EWR-GRU)
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:56 am

I have a June 29 EWR-BCN flight currently still showing the hi density 772 as of today and literally no other seats selected by anyone else on the seat chart. Could I reasonably expect that to move to a 78J? if so, when do you think we would see the swap happen on ua.com?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:17 am
Original Poster

I have a June 29 EWR-BCN flight currently still showing the hi density 772 as of today and literally no other seats selected by anyone else on the seat chart. Could I reasonably expect that to move to a 78J? if so, when do you think we would see the swap happen on ua.com?
Dec 3.
saccoNY likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Dec 3.
787-10 updated yesterday!
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC

787-10 updated yesterday!
Should check and see if DUB or BCN have increased PZ space given larger cabin upfront
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:22 pm

Should check and see if DUB or BCN have increased PZ space given larger cabin upfront

no!! 😖😖😖. PZ 0. And there are literally no one else booked as I have the only seat assignments according to the seating map.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:11 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
I see the fare codes are now on UA’s expert mode, but they are zeroed out. Any idea what time they will go on sale? Curious about prices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.