Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't book LX F through United?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2021, 6:54 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by SFO777
Between LX First and Business? Oh yeah.
Lots of pics from my wonderful LX First LAX-ZRH flight last week.
You were able to get LX F as a United award - or was this a revenue ticket?
Old Sep 19, 2021, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bballdad175
I’m just curious, what is the difference to LX business class? My wife and I were just on LX ZRH>SFO in the small (2 row) biz cabin and it was great! We hadn’t flown LX before so it was a pleasant upgrade over UA’s abysmal transatlantic offering.
depends on the price differential. The difference between LH C --> F is far greater. LX J is a damn good product and while undoubtedly LX F is better, I'd not pay a whole lot more for it. Personal preference.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
You were able to get LX F as a United award - or was this a revenue ticket?
Revenue ticket.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 9:02 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Revenue ticket.
Ah, nice!
Old Sep 19, 2021, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Ah, nice!
It was a very reasonable ex-ATH LH Group roundtrip in the $4,500 range. My routing was ATH-FRA-ORD-DEN-LAX-ZRH-ARN.
I used Amex PWP so got stuck with a 220 LH ticket. But my friend's ATH-DFW ticket was actually booked on UA.com (link from GF), despite having only one UA flight, ORD-DFW. LH and LX flights included codeshares.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
It was a very reasonable ex-ATH LH Group roundtrip in the $4,500 range. My routing was ATH-FRA-ORD-DEN-LAX-ZRH-ARN.
I used Amex PWP so got stuck with a 220 LH ticket. But my friend's ATH-DFW ticket was actually booked on UA.com (link from GF), despite having only one UA flight, ORD-DFW. LH and LX flights included codeshares.
I booked UA 016 via Google Flights, ex-PRG but also available ex-WAW/ZAG and others. US$4,500 for a roundtrip F ticket to IAH via JFK on the outbound and LAX on the return (backtracking allowed, including via SFO). Was inspired by SFO777's trip report to do LAX-ZRH!
SPN Lifer, cfischer and SFO777 like this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
I’m just curious, what is the difference to LX business class? My wife and I were just on LX ZRH>SFO in the small (2 row) biz cabin and it was great! We hadn’t flown LX before so it was a pleasant upgrade over UA’s abysmal transatlantic offering.
i should clarify - United’s abysmal *food service protocols* on transatlantic flight. The on-time performance, safety record speak for themselves. And I’ve also noticed the crews seem happier. Its just such a stark contrast to the outstanding food service I had on the LX flight (we were outbound on UA and inbound on LX).
Old Sep 19, 2021, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
i should clarify - United’s abysmal *food service protocols* on transatlantic flight. The on-time performance, safety record speak for themselves. And I’ve also noticed the crews seem happier. Its just such a stark contrast to the outstanding food service I had on the LX flight (we were outbound on UA and inbound on LX).
Okay, that helps explain your point of view. A few years ago my family and I were booked on LH in business round-trip LAX-CPH via FRA. I had noticed that F was nearly wide-open on the outbound, so at the airport I asked what the upgrade fee would be. As I recall, it was something like $1,500 per person but given this was the beginning of a big vacation I decided to go for it and spend the extra $6k.

LH F was probably the best service I've ever had on a flight. Two of the things I remember are that they were pouring Dom Perignon as we boarded, and they were pouring Johnnie Walker Blue during the flight. The seats, food, IFE, etc. were great, but what I remember most of all was the consistently high level of service throughout.

On the way back home, the upgrade was not available so we were in business class. I know some would say "first world problems", but the difference was stark. LH business felt like any other airline's business class, to include UA Polaris, but the flight attendants were very curt and inattentive. I know that can be very crew-dependent, but everyone in my family (even the 5 year-old) talked about it. I didn't find the LH food in business to be any better than any other airline's.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.