Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just Nailed United Premier 1K

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
E+ at time of reservation starts at the Gold level, which means 50,000 miles ago.

On board International flights, I get a special thanks from the Purser for being 1K about 70% of the flights. And the most important: first choice for my meal. I don't have to state what my second choice is.
No recognition from the Purser for being 1K on just completed RT flight to Europe on UA. No mention and no drink offered. The FA's did not have a list or a hand held.
This was a 763 with the 4 blocked seats 16A/B, and 17A/B for crew rest. In both directions, the FA's spent most of the time in those seats behind the curtain for flights less than 8 hour flights in both directions. Quick service in the beginning, no mid flight service, and on the return, the second service (snack sandwich) service was started 54 minutes before landing - at 48 minutes before landing we were in bumpy descend, and service only about 1/4 done. FA's not present for most of the 7.5 our flight other than beginning and end.

Although I was recognized as 1K on a domestic RT this summer.

Although AA is not much better in terms of service either. Need an international carrier for good service.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by cova
Although AA is not much better in terms of service either. Need an international carrier for good service.
UA is like FedEx, if you absolutely positively need to get to a destination on time, UA is more like than AA to get there. There are numerous friends/colleagues who have flown AA and have regretted it (i.e. long delays, cancellations, etc.). Don't get me wrong, I've had my share of issues with UA, but they seem to treat us elites (and even kettles) relatively well in the rare instances that does happen. Nowhere like the AA gong show I often witness when flying out of US airports.

Safe Travels,

James
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by j2simpso
UA is like FedEx, if you absolutely positively need to get to a destination on time, UA is more like than AA to get there. There are numerous friends/colleagues who have flown AA and have regretted it (i.e. long delays, cancellations, etc.). Don't get me wrong, I've had my share of issues with UA, but they seem to treat us elites (and even kettles) relatively well in the rare instances that does happen. Nowhere like the AA gong show I often witness when flying out of US airports.

Safe Travels,

James
I would agree to some extent. On my IAD-Europe flight 6 days ago on a 763, we pulled out of the gate but then sat. Pilot announced engine 2 would not start. Pulled back to gate and maintenance tried to start manually, but after an hour, aircraft was taken out of service. Told to wait around and about about 1.5 hours later, UA announced they got another 763 (I guess spare one at IAD), and we took off about 4 hours late. But we did fly.

There were not many other options as later flights were booked. As 1K I was able to call the 1K desk from the plane and got them to book me on the 10pm to LHR (only a couple of seats left). Which I called later and cancelled. But yes, UA did best they could. AA likely would have cancelled and left everyone stranded.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
I was expecting a thread from a GS who nailed a 1K for pre-boarding, or from a passenger who witnessed some particularly egregious DYKWIA.
I'll be honest: I was thinking it was a mile high story and was somewhat relieved.

(I'll probably work with my therapist to unpack that...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.