Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

advice on 3 options: 2 SFO - PVG or LAX - PVG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

advice on 3 options: 2 SFO - PVG or LAX - PVG

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
I fly To PVG often. Speaking from experience, the first SFO-PVG flight is consistently full. Of all the options, that’s the worst. The later SFO flight usually has lighter loads, but expect a healthy number of elites and a reasonably full E+.

The LAX flight is the wildcard. It probably has the fewest elites out of the three (my guess, no data), but LAX-PVG is a busier route overall than SFO-PVG and UA does fill up on busy travel days.

All things considered, I would do LAX just for the easier connection and better weather.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Thank you.
My travel date is Sept 5 (2nd day after the labor day): i feel the flight out of the US will have lighter load, but the return trip will be packed.

Do you know who or what corporation are usually taking the later SFO flight ? i feel like the late flight is designated for a specific group of passengers.

Arrival at pvg at 8:30pm means no traffic in Shanghai vs. the early 2 flights.

Originally Posted by cmhua777
I fly To PVG often. Speaking from experience, the first SFO-PVG flight is consistently full. Of all the options, that’s the worst. The later SFO flight usually has lighter loads, but expect a healthy number of elites and a reasonably full E+.

The LAX flight is the wildcard. It probably has the fewest elites out of the three (my guess, no data), but LAX-PVG is a busier route overall than SFO-PVG and UA does fill up on busy travel days.

All things considered, I would do LAX just for the easier connection and better weather.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.