Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Club Snacks Chosen by a 4-Year-Old

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Club Snacks Chosen by a 4-Year-Old

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:03 am

LH lounge has gummy airplanes. When will United get those?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
I see nothing wrong with this. I'm the guy that always takes the gummy bears from the snack basket in F
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:33 am

I've seen similar options elsewhere where there aren't kids roaming around. There are fancier options, sure, but those would cost a lot more.

Originally Posted by rmadisonwi
LH lounge has gummy airplanes. When will United get those?
Bribe the right 4 year-old
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
The new UC in DFW always has great snacks.... like this. Plus usually a crudite, hummus platter, and other goodies for the non-Oreo crowd.

It's quickly become one of my favorite UCs ....
DELee likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:28 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Judging from the number of 4-year olds (and under) in the UCs this summer, it's probably a clever snack array. Sugar 'em up before -- or after -- the flight

Seriously, any regular solver of crosswords (rarer in the waning days of UC newspaper availability?) knows that the o-r-e-o is a revered and frequent crossword answer and has a seemingly never-ending variety of clues. Perhaps the newest one can be: "Summertime United lounge treat"
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by Bluehen1
Always cracks me up to see the number of men in business suits that are pounding back the Haribo.
"Haribo macht Kinder froh und Erwachsene ebenso."
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
Originally Posted by narvik
"Haribo macht Kinder froh und Erwachsene ebenso."
Trust me, I know that all too well. I used to work for a German company and every time I went to HQ, I came back with more than a few kilos of Haribo.
narvik likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:31 am
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Gold fish crackers, loaded with unhealthy salt, oreo's loaded with unhealthy sugar. Way to go UA, I don''t think any intellegent 4 year old would eat these so called snacks. Only adults that are not health conscience would enjoy that crap.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Bluehen1
It's LH. Always cracks me up to see the number of men in business suits that are pounding back the Haribo.
I love the commercial running on TV where all these macho guys (and a couple women) are sitting around a conference table mainlining Haribo while talking is silly little child voices.

Gig103 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by sfo
Gold fish crackers, loaded with unhealthy salt, oreo's loaded with unhealthy sugar. Way to go UA, I don''t think any intellegent 4 year old would eat these so called snacks. Only adults that are not health conscience would enjoy that crap.
You know you need salt to live, right? The ill health effects of too little salt are well established and not nearly as controversial as any ill health effects from too much salt. I would be happy to see Goldfish crackers next time I'm at a UC!

And I don't know any 4 year olds who track their macros :P
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
Am I the only person who mistook the Goldfish for Cap’n Crunch at first?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by Gig103
]
These treats look good to me! I think AA only had salty snacks like pretzels and chips, I would have enjoyed some Swedish Fish!
AA has some rather delicious malt balls in the MIA Flagship Lounge. I may have liberated some the last time was there..
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:02 pm

I often think UA tries to be too fancy with all their food in clubs and on the plane. This looks amazing to me and wish they had more easy, good, and tasty snacks.
iluv2fly and HNLbasedFlyer like this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfo
Yeah not really good for you.... if you eat the whole jar.
If a couple of handfuls of Goldfish or four Oreos mess you up, that's not a food issue, that's a genetic issue.
If you can't stop yourself from eating the whole jar, that's a willpower issue, not a food issue.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sfo
Presuming this is DEN like I think it is, this is one of multiple areas with food. The healthy stuff is there - do a180 degree turn from the Swedish fish and it's right there.

If this was all they had, I'd agree with you. But as one of multiple options I don't see any issue with it.
wrp96 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.