Wiki Posts
Search

International code-share question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
International code-share question

I've flown United internationally for years but will be doing something in September I've not done previously. My wife and I will fly UA metal SFO - LHR and then a code-share with TAP to LIS (4 hour layover). I assume we'll collect our checked bag in London, go through customs/immigration and re-check the bag. But I've literally never done an international code-share so if anyone could provide any details I'll know what to expect.

There is one flight earlier than the one we are booked on into LIS; if we manage to get there in time for the earlier flight would TAP re-book us on the earlier flight? I am only UA Silver now, we're flying on paid coach tickets.

Thanks!
Bruce
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BruceWG
I've flown United internationally for years but will be doing something in September I've not done previously. My wife and I will fly UA metal SFO - LHR and then a code-share with TAP to LIS (4 hour layover). I assume we'll collect our checked bag in London, go through customs/immigration and re-check the bag. But I've literally never done an international code-share so if anyone could provide any details I'll know what to expect.
Codeshare doesn't affect anything in this setting except the flight number on your ticket.

You will do an international transit in T2, which involves a security check. You will not clear immigration or customs. Your bags will be checked through to LIS.

Most foreign carriers do not allow same-day standby, and I'd be surprised if TP let's you standby for an earlier flight (particularly since you will have checked bags).
Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Codeshare doesn't affect anything in this setting except the flight number on your ticket.

You will do an international transit in T2, which involves a security check. You will not clear immigration or customs. Your bags will be checked through to LIS.

Most foreign carriers do not allow same-day standby, and I'd be surprised if TP let's you standby for an earlier flight (particularly since you will have checked bags).
Good to know - thanks for the quick reply. That's what I expected about the stand-by.

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.