Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Stroopwafel rotated out, maple waffer cookies for a while -Stroopwafels back Jan 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stroopwafel rotated out, maple waffer cookies for a while -Stroopwafels back Jan 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Flew SYR-IAD-RDU earlier this week. SYR-IAD was the stroop, IAD-RDU the cookies. I actually really liked the cookies and while they're not better than the stroop per se, they're a fine replacement.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I flew IAD-SFO this morning. They had the Maple Wafer Cookies on the cart, but weren't handing them out for whatever reason.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Polytonic
I flew IAD-SFO this morning. They had the Maple Wafer Cookies on the cart, but weren't handing them out for whatever reason.
Didn't ask?

David
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by DELee
Didn't ask?

David
I was pretty sleepy at that point so I didn't bother and went back to sleep (it was the first drink service on UA1881 ... so maybe around 7:15am?).

Then again, maybe I should have tried one and reported back on if they're any good. Bummer; missed opportunity, heh. There's no award for being a "Flyertalk Guinea Pig" is there?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Polytonic
I was pretty sleepy at that point so I didn't bother and went back to sleep (it was the first drink service on UA1881 ... so maybe around 7:15am?).

Then again, maybe I should have tried one and reported back on if they're any good. Bummer; missed opportunity, heh. There's no award for being a "Flyertalk Guinea Pig" is there?

How's this?

David
Old Jul 14, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Had a Maple Wafer cookie pack today. It's not a Stroopwaffel, but it's not bad.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA MP (1K, 1MM)
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Stroopwaffel warmed on top of a cup of hot coffee...

About the only thing that makes a <7am departure on a E145 bearable....
Oh c'mon, nothing can make riding in an E145 bareable except the disembarkation of said vessel!

Interesting picture found on my post-flight survey from my flight yesterday. How long do you think they'll keep taunting us Stroopwaffel afficinados?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
For ardent Stroopwafel fans, they could mix in some other flavors, like these from a local REI, including two caffeine-free ones for decaf coffee drinkers.

Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
It appears that the Sroopwafel cookie is making a return to United Airlines in 2019. My youngest daughter will be thrilled!!!
ExplorerWannabe and zymm like this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by RobotDoctor
It appears that the Sroopwafel cookie is making a return to United Airlines in 2019. My youngest daughter will be thrilled!!!
So will I (who is much older than your youngest or oldest child). ^
RobotDoctor and wavid like this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:49 am

Definitely a cost savings measure. Replacing a package of several cookies with a package of a single cookie.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 1:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Meola10
Definitely a cost savings measure. Replacing a package of several cookies with a package of a single cookie.
I thought the rotating out of Stroopwafel and going to the maple cookies was considered a cost savings step.
MatthewLAX, NikoLGA and Meola10 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I can advise the Stroopwafels are back... at least in the FC snack basket!
Air Houston likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
In mid-December I had a flight with the Stroopwafel and a flight with the maple cookies. I brought both home. The stroopwafel disappeared. The maple cookies are still there......
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I thought the rotating out of Stroopwafel and going to the maple cookies was considered a cost savings step.
Honestly, I like both - the Maple cookies were good too (though always confused about why ex-Canada flights never served them!).

And since my 3 yo daughter likes them both, we’re happy here either way. We still ask for the cookies (like the Stroopwafels before them) on every flight, no matter the time of day, and more often than not, the FAs usually find a pack (or often several) for us, so we always have a few at home. The Maple cookies will be missed, but the Stroopwafels will be welcomed back.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 2, 2019 at 9:57 pm Reason: Dicuss the issue, not the poster(s)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.