Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OAL: Ticket Reissue (time elapsed)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

OAL: Ticket Reissue (time elapsed)

My UA flight from Toronto to Chicago has issues, so UA reassigned me to AC YYZ-ORD instead. I’ve been on the phone with the 1k desk for 90 minutes in total, across multiple agents and supervisors, just trying to get my 016 stock revenue ticket pushed over to their Star Alliancr partner.......the nice AC folks in the MLL are clear is saying that UA must issue the ticket before they can assign me a seat, check me in, and print me a boarding pass.

The AC flight departs in 25 minutes and I’m sitting here on hold, listening to Gershwin, and remembering all the similar times this has happened to me in the past with IRROPS.

i thought I’d start this thread so we can all post and track the time it takes UA to push our tickets over to an OAL.

Over time, perhaps we can use that metric in this thread to get UA to spend the time and money better training their agents in handling IRROPS?

As an aside: if I was asking UA to issue the ticket on AA or DL, I’d be far more patient....but with AC being a Star Alliance partner, once would think that this would be “seamless”, per Mr. Goh’s recent pronouncements....
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by IAATM
As an aside: if I was asking UA to issue the ticket on AA or DL, I’d be far more patient....but with AC being a Star Alliance partner, once would think that this would be “seamless”, per Mr. Goh’s recent pronouncements....
Even without IRROPS, UA and AC lack a reliable interface.

I bought a revenue 016 ticket flying UA to YYZ then AC onward, UA issued BPs no problem, but when I went to the gate AC asked for my FIM because they didn't have a ticket. Fortunately I knew they just needed the ticket number and where to find it, but less experienced pax might be calling UA and waiting on hold until the flight closes without them.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Update: AC agent at the gate said that the fundamental issue was that UA failed to offload me from the original UA flight ORD-YYZ, and as a result, AC's system said the coupon had already been pulled and so AC was unable to make it work. I really wanted to tell the agent on the phone, but I was on hold (listening to Gershwin) as the AC flight closed and pushed back off the gate. Eventually, the UA agent came back to check on me, and said the supervisor was "still working on it", so I said thanks, but the AC flight had departed and it didn't matter anymore.

I then suggested that UA put me back on my original YYZ-ORD flight and simply force an overnight at ORD and allow me to connect first thing in the morning........so then I was put back on hold for ~30 minutes, when the phone suddenly went dead.....so maybe the Rogers network here in the transborder area of YYZ (4 strong bars) dropped the call or maybe the UA agent simply hung up on me.

so all in all, >120 minutes on the phone, spoke to many agents, and just now trying to get checked in and a seat assignment for my original flight that's delayed by 3+ hrs.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 8, 2018 at 4:57 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Last time I got switched from UA to AC was BOM-YYZ, and they moved me to a LX/AC combo. this was further ahead of the flight...probably about 36 hours or so as this was a crew rest issue from a late flight the day before. I remember the agent had me on hold for a while talking to AC (don’t think t was an hour and a half, though), came back, said I was good, then told me to wait because she forgot to ask AC for some sort of code she needed to complete the reissue, also put me on hold for another 20-30 minutes. I don’t know what the code she was looking for was, or what it was called, but remember them saying something like I needed it because it was within X hours of the flight (I assume it’s so they didn’t need to go through the typical up to 24 hours they need to confirm partner flights. So there I was, back on hold for another ~20 minutes while they confirmed that and then re-issued.

No further issues for me, except at the gate in ZRH when I tried to board they said my birthday they saw for me didn’t match my passport, so they spent several minutes trying to change that, but so got on fine
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

ok, finally got the ticket!!

(and now the flight has been pushed back and is showing a 4+ hr delay)
Old Jun 11, 2018, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

so 48 hrs later, UA cancelled another set of my flights, and pushed me over to DL via MSP.........it took about 10-12 minutes on the phone to feed the UA rep the flights, then she said we should a) hang up, b) she was going to send it over to ticketing to be issued, and c) to expect the confirmatory email within 10 additional minutes. She nailed it, and the process worked out perfectly (exactly as she described).........

Last edited by IAATM; Jun 11, 2018 at 5:22 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jun 19, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by IAATM
so 48 hrs later, UA cancelled another set of my flights, and pushed me over to DL via MSP.........it took about 10-12 minutes on the phone to feed the UA rep the flights, then she said we should a) hang up, b) she was going to send it over to ticketing to be issued, and c) to expect the confirmatory email within 10 additional minutes. She nailed it, and the process worked out perfectly (exactly as she described).........
Can you post your future travels plans so we know what flights to avoid?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:48 pm

Took them eons to issue me an AA ticket. But I'm still not sure if it was an AA issue or UA. GS did it quickly, i went to AA rushing to check in and the agent was having none of it. she wouldn't take it cuz it was J. fumbled. then the flight got delayed. so she had me run back through security to try to get to the gate and see if they would do it. (She gave me a sort of DM card for aa). no they couldn't so went back out to the ticket counter. the plane was already boarded. lucky for weather delays. about45 mins later between GS and the UA and AA ticket agents, i got checked in. but what a disaster
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mduell
Even without IRROPS, UA and AC lack a reliable interface.

I bought a revenue 016 ticket flying UA to YYZ then AC onward, UA issued BPs no problem, but when I went to the gate AC asked for my FIM because they didn't have a ticket. Fortunately I knew they just needed the ticket number and where to find it, but less experienced pax might be calling UA and waiting on hold until the flight closes without them.
This recalls for me the last time UA had to reroute me, and attempted to do so with AC through YVR. I spent 45 minutes waiting for the agent to try to get AC to take the ticket. That whole time I was waiting on the phone, the agent was just calling AC and being put on hold. At a certain point, the agent asked me to wander around the airport and try to get a counter agent to help out . Hilarious if it weren't so consequential.

Ultimately had to convince the agent to give up (!) and just send me back through SFO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.