Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United / FFG Summer Mini-DO in DC (Aug 4, 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:51 am
Original Poster

United Airlines and FFG are pleased to announce an aviation themed event in Washington, D.C. this summer on Saturday, August 4. We will have some special guests from UA during the event to answer your questions about the airline. It will involve a gourmet lunch followed by a group tour of one of the Udvar Hazy Museum near IAD. Cost and location of the event will be $65 all in.

11am to 1pm : Lunch and Charity Auction at Clyde's Willow Creek Farm (42920 Broadlands Blvd, Broadlands, VA)
1:30pm to 5:30pm : Group tour of the Udvar Hazy Museum

Keep in mind there are multiple Clyde's locations - this is the one 15 minutes northwest of IAD. It is a gorgeous property that is made up of four historic properties from across the country melded into one unique restaurant. We will have a three course meal with a limited amount of red and white wine included for the group! Although we are asking you to select your meal options in advance, depending on our group size they may allow you to change your selection while there. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. Our special guests from UA during lunch will be the Managing Director of IAD and several of his directors of operations.

Udvar-Hazy is one of the best aviation themed museums in the world, so you have not been, you will be in for a real treat. Please go as you please from the museum; do not feel obligated to stay the entire time. United may be providing transportation from the restaurant to Udvar-Hazy but for now plan on finding your own way just in case. Should be easy to coordinate in conjunction with the other attendees.

We highly suggest that everyone makes a full weekend of this fun city if you are flying in for the event. The costs for the event are just a pass-through for lunch. 100% of charity auction proceeds (plus match from the directors) go to United WeCare. Please consult your tax accountant for which portions are tax deductible.

Please click below to register for the event!
Event Registration Website

If you can, post in this thread after you have registered. We are looking forward to seeing everyone!
goodeats21 and riphamilton like this.

Last edited by JC1120; Jun 28, 2018 at 10:03 am
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Registered (30)
goodeats21
GrjApp
cova
DCA writer
CO DCA
qfrodo
sexykitten7
Zorak
FlyerBeek
DELee
AceReport +1
wtigerFF +1
tarheelnj
LIU, K.
AuntieMame +1
thomas3633
radonc1 +2
alcathiax
fezzington +1
EricH
renebt
bkc6j
FlyingFloosie
TheZipper

Last edited by JC1120; Jul 30, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Old Jun 13, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I'm in! Thanks for planning all these lovely events!
lincolnjkc likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
indicating my interest!
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Living in Maryland, I am definitely interested
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Interested
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Adding my interest, too.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Tossing in my interest though schedule for August is iffy for me at the moment
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
I'm interested!
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I am in as well. Will be great to see everyone again, as well as supporting FFG, of course....
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
I'm in +2 companions
Old Jun 14, 2018, 5:52 am

Live in the area and interested (with possible +1).
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by JC1120
United Airlines and FFG are pleased to announce an aviation themed event in Washington, D.C. this summer on Saturday, August 4. We will have some special guests from UA during the event to answer your questions about the airline. It will involve a gourmet lunch followed by a group tour of one of the Smithsonian Air and Space Museums (likely the Udvar Hazy near IAD). Cost and location of the lunch TBD, but will likely be around the $50 range (all-in). Once all details are settled, a registration and payment page will be set up on the FFG website (same as previous events). Transportation will not be provided, but should be easy to coordinate in conjunction with the other attendees. We highly suggest that everyone makes a full weekend of this fun city. More details to follow. Please indicate interest by replying below.
Hey JC1120. Any idea if all the events will be out by IAD? Just taking a look at speculative booking of hotel.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:04 am

Location: Various tier levels of frequent flyer/hotel plans received for bellyaching about minor flaws in the service I received.
Interested
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: UA 1K
Interested, but fares to IAD for that day are over $600 RT at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.