FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   United / FFG Summer Mini-DO in DC (Aug 4, 2018) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1914106-united-ffg-summer-mini-do-dc-aug-4-2018-a.html)

JC1120 Jun 13, 2018 8:51 am

United / FFG Summer Mini-DO in DC (Aug 4, 2018)

United Airlines and FFG are pleased to announce an aviation themed event in Washington, D.C. this summer on Saturday, August 4. We will have some special guests from UA during the event to answer your questions about the airline. It will involve a gourmet lunch followed by a group tour of one of the Udvar Hazy Museum near IAD. Cost and location of the event will be $65 all in.

11am to 1pm : Lunch and Charity Auction at Clyde's Willow Creek Farm (42920 Broadlands Blvd, Broadlands, VA)
1:30pm to 5:30pm : Group tour of the Udvar Hazy Museum

Keep in mind there are multiple Clyde's locations - this is the one 15 minutes northwest of IAD. It is a gorgeous property that is made up of four historic properties from across the country melded into one unique restaurant. We will have a three course meal with a limited amount of red and white wine included for the group! Although we are asking you to select your meal options in advance, depending on our group size they may allow you to change your selection while there. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. Our special guests from UA during lunch will be the Managing Director of IAD and several of his directors of operations.

Udvar-Hazy is one of the best aviation themed museums in the world, so you have not been, you will be in for a real treat. Please go as you please from the museum; do not feel obligated to stay the entire time. United may be providing transportation from the restaurant to Udvar-Hazy but for now plan on finding your own way just in case. Should be easy to coordinate in conjunction with the other attendees.

We highly suggest that everyone makes a full weekend of this fun city if you are flying in for the event. The costs for the event are just a pass-through for lunch. 100% of charity auction proceeds (plus match from the directors) go to United WeCare. Please consult your tax accountant for which portions are tax deductible.

Please click below to register for the event!
Event Registration Website

If you can, post in this thread after you have registered. We are looking forward to seeing everyone!

JC1120 Jun 13, 2018 8:51 am

Registered (30)
goodeats21
GrjApp
cova
DCA writer
CO DCA
qfrodo
sexykitten7
Zorak
FlyerBeek
DELee
AceReport +1
wtigerFF +1
tarheelnj
LIU, K.
AuntieMame +1
thomas3633
radonc1 +2
alcathiax
fezzington +1
EricH
renebt
bkc6j
FlyingFloosie
TheZipper

sexykitten7 Jun 13, 2018 4:07 pm

I'm in! Thanks for planning all these lovely events!

riphamilton Jun 13, 2018 4:09 pm

indicating my interest!

IADFlyer123 Jun 13, 2018 5:22 pm

Living in Maryland, I am definitely interested

ContinentalFan Jun 13, 2018 6:26 pm

Interested

SFO 1K Jun 13, 2018 9:09 pm

Adding my interest, too.

lincolnjkc Jun 13, 2018 10:00 pm

Tossing in my interest though schedule for August is iffy for me at the moment

wtigerFF Jun 13, 2018 10:27 pm

I'm interested!

goodeats21 Jun 14, 2018 4:25 am

I am in as well. Will be great to see everyone again, as well as supporting FFG, of course....

LordTentacle Jun 14, 2018 4:45 am

I'm in +2 companions

JetAway Jun 14, 2018 5:52 am

Live in the area and interested (with possible +1).

goodeats21 Jun 14, 2018 7:19 am

Originally Posted by JC1120 (Post 29861891)
United Airlines and FFG are pleased to announce an aviation themed event in Washington, D.C. this summer on Saturday, August 4. We will have some special guests from UA during the event to answer your questions about the airline. It will involve a gourmet lunch followed by a group tour of one of the Smithsonian Air and Space Museums (likely the Udvar Hazy near IAD). Cost and location of the lunch TBD, but will likely be around the $50 range (all-in). Once all details are settled, a registration and payment page will be set up on the FFG website (same as previous events). Transportation will not be provided, but should be easy to coordinate in conjunction with the other attendees. We highly suggest that everyone makes a full weekend of this fun city. More details to follow. Please indicate interest by replying below.

Hey JC1120. Any idea if all the events will be out by IAD? Just taking a look at speculative booking of hotel.

CO DCA Jun 14, 2018 8:04 am

Interested

segiddins Jun 14, 2018 8:23 am

Interested, but fares to IAD for that day are over $600 RT at the moment.