Wiki Posts
Search

Special attention for 1Ks?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM
Special attention for 1Ks?

I am a bit down in my UA flying this year. Indeed I did not fly UA in May. But I am flying again today and the FAs on both flights have paid special attention to me. Is this a new program or because I haven't flown since April 30 and that got flagged?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by mander
I am a bit down in my UA flying this year. Indeed I did not fly UA in May. But I am flying again today and the FAs on both flights have paid special attention to me. Is this a new program or because I haven't flown since April 30 and that got flagged?
Define special attention? I want to say no and suspect you just got a good crew as they are able to identify you as 1K via the United iPhone.
IAH-OIL-TRASH and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
Define special attention.
SSSS ?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by seenitall
SSSS ?
LOL. That would be unwanted special attention in my book. Hopefully it wasn't this!
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
Define special attention? I want to say no and suspect you just got a good crew as they are able to identify you as 1K via the United iPhone.
+1. Define special attention. I get paid lip service for being 1K. Sometimes they'll acknowledge my status but I never feel I get extra or better service. I would definitely write to 1Kvoice and acknowledge the crew. I think that's more important than punishing those crews that suck.
AceReport and ExplorerWannabe like this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Is this a new 1K benefit?! Why am I not getting this benefit?? All kidding aside, an FA says something to me about being a 1K about 50% of the time, almost exclusively sitting in Y. I can't remember any special comments while sitting in F. Guess it depends on the crew.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM
Definition of special attention: This is like i haven't seen before in over 10 years of being 1K. First on a CRJ200 into IAD the Air Wisconsin FA thanked me for being a 1K and told me that if I needed anything special on the flight to let her know. I am now on IAD-HNL in first and one of the FAs delivered a similar spiel and then went on to alert me that it would be a bit bumpy on the way out and thus service might be delayed. Even the scrambled eggs were half way decent this morning ...
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I once received a business amenity kit from a FA while sitting in E+, PVG-LAX I believe.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:36 am

Just seems like an exceptional crew to me.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Is this a new program or because I haven't flown since April 30 and that got flagged?
Neither.
artvandalay likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
There should be special compensation for flying in a CR200... 10% of the time I get offered the free box in Y, every time else I have to ask if they are still doing that. Crew to crew as far as I can tell. 1K just isn't that special anymore. The Club people are better than FA on the shout out.
Miggles likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
In the past year I just ask for a snack box and then show that I am 1K. No need to ask if they're still doing it and no expectation for them to proactively offer.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Proactive offer is the exception!
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Definition of special attention: This is like i haven't seen before in over 10 years of being 1K. First on a CRJ200 into IAD the Air Wisconsin FA thanked me for being a 1K and told me that if I needed anything special on the flight to let her know. I am now on IAD-HNL in first and one of the FAs delivered a similar spiel and then went on to alert me that it would be a bit bumpy on the way out and thus service might be delayed. Even the scrambled eggs were half way decent this morning ...
Do you think that they gave you the special 1K scrambled eggs?
artvandalay likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by transportprof
Do you think that they gave you the special 1K scrambled eggs?
He said they were halfway decent. Must be the GS eggs...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.