Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Decent place to eat at O'Hare in the UA terminals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Decent place to eat at O'Hare in the UA terminals

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2018, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by jsl42
Walk over to Terminal 3 and check out The Publican.
This is the right answer, and the best overall dining at ORD. It's not that far a walk for UA customers.
Catbert10 and sfo like this.
Old May 23, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: Free Agent
When given options of where to connect when flying UA or AA i choose ORD strictly for the Tortas Frontera. That Choriqueso is the best.

As mentioned above. Sit in the bar if you have a few min and skip the line.

I would also say. That the wicker park and publican are great options. Thing to do might be have Tortas then move to the others for a app or side.
sfo likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 6:23 pm

Wicker Park near E1, Tuscany Café near B18, Wolfgang Puck near B6, Berghoff near C26 in that order, in my opinion, based on quality, not price. Not sure where Frontera is although that is a VERY high class Chicago restaurant outfit.
sfo and onthesam like this.
Old May 23, 2018, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Wicker Park near E1, Tuscany Café near B18, Wolfgang Puck near B6, Berghoff near C26 in that order, in my opinion, based on quality, not price. Not sure where Frontera is although that is a VERY high class Chicago restaurant outfit.
Frontera is by B10, and it’s Tortas by Frontera. Owned by Rick Bayless (or more likely, licensed by him), but definitely not the same as Frontera in the city - is a completely different menu, but pretty much as good though not as high end or fancy.
sfo likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 9:08 pm

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by emcampbe

as I mentioned above, you can sit and order at Tortas - just most people don’t realize it. Do it every time I’m there. Not a ton of seating, true, but even traveling with wife and kid, I’ve never not had a seat in a few minutes - sometimes sharing a table happens.

nope - even sit down comes in paper, same as to go. But I’m not that picky about fancy plates, and the food is good enough that I don’t really care about the packaging.
Well different strokes for different folks....I’d just as soon skip eating (or eat in the club) than deal with paper plates. Not my scene.
sfo likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 6:56 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
If I have a long layover, I'll leave the secure area and eat at Andino's in the Hilton....
Old May 24, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BearX220
This is the right answer, and the best overall dining at ORD. It's not that far a walk for UA customers.
I agree with your first sentence, but not with your second. If I were lugging my rollerboard and a backpack along with me, I wouldn't walk to T3...in fact, I'd guess from the C concourse it may be a 15 minute walk.
sfo likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 7:23 am
sfo
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Thanks for all the answers, appreciate all the information above. Did look at the Hilton, but a bit pricey, and never ever really enjoyed hotel food, not that airport food is much better. With all the suggestions, at least we won't starve. Thanks again.
Old May 24, 2018, 8:42 am

C concourse isn’t huge - certainly not as long as B
I thought that B and C concourses were essentially the same length.

Old May 24, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: AA, DL, BA, HH
I second Berghoff Cafe (or third, whatever number this).
Old May 24, 2018, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by threeoh
I thought that B and C concourses were essentially the same length.
I think your photo is missing the B extension (I.e., B19-22b). They look about the same length on the photos, but the extension would definitely make B longer.

Also, B concourse has almost the same amount of gates (I think), despite them all being on one side, while C has gates on both mostly throughout.
Old May 24, 2018, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think your photo is missing the B extension (I.e., B19-22b). They look about the same length on the photos, but the extension would definitely make B longer.

Also, B concourse has almost the same amount of gates (I think), despite them all being on one side, while C has gates on both mostly throughout.
It's partially in the photo, at the top of B opposite the widebody. The corridor to the extension is shown, but the extension itself is cropped out.
Old May 24, 2018, 12:18 pm

Yes, the B extension was left out of my photo. But that's only, what, 3 jet bridge gates? I think the main buildings are the same length.

I think C has fewer gates-per-frontage-meter because it has more widebody gates that are spaced further apart.
Old May 24, 2018, 12:41 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
a wider view, but UX gate extension is small in comparison to the main terminals
Old May 25, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Another strong vote for strolling down to Terminal 3 and eating at the Publican. Good food and beer. IMO, well worth the walk.
sfo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.