Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CPU on United to Europe with stop...

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, Ceasars Diamond
Question CPU on United to Europe with stop...

If booking a flight to Europe with a stop in IAD or EWR can you use a regional to upgrade the first leg or is the flight considered International? Obviously it wouldn't work on the international leg... I'm thinking that 5 hours in business and 5.5 in economy plus is better than 13 in economy plus if flying direct. Thanks!
Old May 17, 2018, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Yes, the domestic segment would be eligible for complimentary upgrades (CPU) as well as regional certificates (RPU). Depending on your origin city, it might be difficult to clear a certificate on e.g. SFO-IAD at a peak time.
Old May 17, 2018, 5:56 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, JimSF
Originally Posted by JimSF
If booking a flight to Europe with a stop in IAD or EWR can you use a regional to upgrade the first leg or is the flight considered International? ...
Yes, a RPU can be used for the domestic leg and it is also CPU eligible (if not a Premium Transcon Service flight - such as SFO-EWR)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.