Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Full Meals @ (ORD) United Clubs - is there a schedule?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Full Meals @ (ORD) United Clubs - is there a schedule?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alchemista
I just asked at F about hot entree schedule. They said 4-7pm. I missed by 5 minutes and it was already taken away.
Sometimes they take away early. So you might have missed it by 10 minutes.

Morning hot food comes out at 7a (+/- 5 minutes, of course ). I think it goes away around 10a.

So altogether the schedule is
7a-10?a b'fast
??-?? lunch
4p-7p dinner
alchemista likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 10:29 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Is the 46 cheese lasagne still available in the ORD UC’s? I don’t know because my only connection recently was TATL J and they didn’t offer it in the Polaris lounge.
Old May 17, 2018, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
B6 had sweet and sour chicken for lunch today. Decent.
Did they have the rice to serve it on? Last time I was through, it was just the S&S chicken.
First rule of food service at a buffet, always make sure you don't run out of the cheap, starchy items. LOL
I tried the chicken on a roll once. Not recommended.

Originally Posted by usbusinesstraveller
Is the 46 cheese lasagne still available in the ORD UC’s? I don’t know because my only connection recently was TATL J and they didn’t offer it in the Polaris lounge.
There is only one entree available at a time, and it rotates. Currently the sweet and sour chicken.
Old May 17, 2018, 7:22 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Did they have the rice to serve it on? Last time I was through, it was just the S&S chicken.
First rule of food service at a buffet, always make sure you don't run out of the cheap, starchy items. LOL
Sadly, there was no rice.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
The United Club at ORD B18 had chicken enchiladas this morning around 11:00. I can't say that I tried them, but they looked decent.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
The United Club at ORD B18 had chicken enchiladas this morning around 11:00. I can't say that I tried them, but they looked decent.
They are not very good. My least favorite of the entree selections that rotate through...
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
They are not very good. My least favorite of the entree selections that rotate through...
You are being polite. They were disgusting. Tried them once. On my return trip, I did not even bother. Just ate cheese and crackers.
goodeats21 and CHOPCHOP767 like this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
You are being polite. They were disgusting. Tried them once. On my return trip, I did not even bother. Just ate cheese and crackers.
By the time two or three patrons have served themselves, the whole serving pan is a complete mess. But just consider it as a casserole, add some chile sauce, and then it is not so unappetising. I do prefer it to the sweet and sour chicken, which has an extreme emphasis on sweet.
CHOPCHOP767 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by fumje
By the time two or three patrons have served themselves, the whole serving pan is a complete mess. But just consider it as a casserole, add some chile sauce, and then it is not so unappetising. I do prefer it to the sweet and sour chicken, which has an extreme emphasis on sweet.
I did add Tabasco. I think the main problem is that it was not served at the right temperature and it had a congealed look. I thought there was a law that said that food should be kept at a certain temperature. Maybe I'm lucky I missed the sweet and sour chicken. I did not have totally domestic trips between Mid-April to end of July. During that period I only had international trips so had to miss on the ORD United Clubs.......but you surely can guess where I waited for my flights.
CHOPCHOP767 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Okay then, LOL! Glad I didn't try them.

I haven't seen them at ORD, but in BOS we have the cured meats that come out in the afternoon. They're served with a side of mustard and make for a nice little snack.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I did add Tabasco. I think the main problem is that it was not served at the right temperature and it had a congealed look. I thought there was a law that said that food should be kept at a certain temperature.
In Chicago, all food [except roast beef, oddly] has to be held below 40 F or above 140 F, and the health inspectors don't joke around about that and are liberal with their use of an infrared thermometer.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by threeoh
In Chicago, all food [except roast beef, oddly] has to be held below 40 F or above 140 F, and the health inspectors don't joke around about that and are liberal with their use of an infrared thermometer.
Then I see problems ahead for the B6 UC as the enchiladas were not at 140 F. There were not at 40 F either but closer to that number than to the 140 F.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Saw the chicken enchiladas at the E/F terminal club Sunday night. Did not try them as I just had dinner at Malibu, which is pretty good for airport food.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mander
Saw the chicken enchiladas at the E/F terminal club Sunday night. Did not try them as I just had dinner at Malibu, which is pretty good for airport food.
I haven't seen a restaurant called Malibu. Did you maybe mean Summer House Santa Monica? Or am I missing a good restaurant choice somewhere...?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
I haven't seen a restaurant called Malibu. Did you maybe mean Summer House Santa Monica? Or am I missing a good restaurant choice somewhere...?

Oops. You are correct. My mistake. Thanks for the correction.
goodeats21 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.