Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA Handheld Machines

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2018, 11:16 pm

Programs: 3 MMer
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
It's not a rule-breaker to just see two empty seats, wonder if the passengers are going to make it, and the FA to look on the handheld and go "not connecting from another flight".

What rule? Citation please.
Too late for me to get into a peeing war --- Let's just call it "Fake news" and ya'all win!!!
Old May 13, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Two Bee
Too late for me to get into a peeing war --- Let's just call it "Fake news" and ya'all win!!!
Wait, i'm confused. It's not about 'winning'. If it is a rule violation for a FA to say 'misconnecting' or 'not connecting', I genuinely want to know. You seem to have experience in this, Flyertalk is all about sharing knowledge from those who are more knowledgeable to those who are less-knowledgable in certain things
Old May 13, 2018, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by laxmillenial
Wait, i'm confused. It's not about 'winning'. If it is a rule violation for a FA to say 'misconnecting' or 'not connecting', I genuinely want to know. You seem to have experience in this, Flyertalk is all about sharing knowledge from those who are more knowledgeable to those who are less-knowledgable in certain things
I am talking about a FA confirming that a particular pax is in fact in a particular seat. If we're gonna do the generic passenger thing than it wouldn't be this persons Bud's, now would it?

Well, I have 2 Toyota's that I need to get to the shop at 7 a.m. and one of em is gonna cost a fortune to fix, so no research tonight for citations, but I will say this --- Passenger List information is only released (by court order) to official law enforcement organizations. Once the plane has landed, you can call the airline and ask if the passenger was aboard; some people have been able to get this information on rare occasions (if they are immediate family members and there is a personal emergency). But, prior to departure and while the plane is in the air no-one except authorized people can find out who is flying on a particular aircraft, and in what seat / Been like that for over 50 years that I know of. Most of the inquiries that I received was to find out if Aunt Mary was en-route, and when was she going to arrive, so that they knew when to leave for the airport.

When I get both cars home tomorrow, I'll try and find the rule or citation #'s for you. I'm not talking about semantics of "Connecting" or NOT, I'm referring to the fact that telling any unauthorized person who is or is not on a particular aircraft is verboten. If I can't find the "Rule", or "Citation", I will attempt to get the, so to speak, "Verboten Poop" for you"

Good Night!

Last edited by Two Bee; May 13, 2018 at 11:49 pm
Old May 13, 2018, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Two Bee
...but I will say this --- Passenger List information is only released (by court order) to official law enforcement...But, prior to departure and while the plane is in the air no-one except authorized people can find out who is flying on a particular aircraft, and in what seat / Been like that for over 50 years that I know of....
I can ask if the seat next to me will be unoccupied and the FA certainly can say (without divulging a name) that “yes, looks like the passenger misconnected”. That’s all the OP did. And that’s apparently all the FA offered. There’s absolutely no rule you can produce that prohibits this interchange.

i believe you are under the impression that the OP knew who his seat mates were. I believe this was not the case if you read the post. He was just asking about people potentially taking the seats, who would become his seat mates.

Again, no names appeared to have been bantered about.
chrisny2 likes this.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; May 14, 2018 at 12:04 am
Old May 14, 2018, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH

I can ask if the seat next to me will be unoccupied and the FA certainly can say (without divulging a name) that “yes, looks like the passenger misconnected”. That’s all the OP did. And that’s apparently all the FA offered. There’s absolutely no rule you can produce that prohibits this interchange.

i believe you are under the impression that the OP knew who his seat mates were. I believe this was not the case if you read the post. He was just asking about people potentially taking the seats, who would become his seat mates.

Again, no names appeared to have been bantered about.
YEP!!!
That's what must have happened.
Have a good one!
Old May 14, 2018, 8:09 pm

If someone had a 3-letter last name and a 1-letter first name and was a CPU or NRSA, their complete name would be on the standby or upgrade list for all to see.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wayside
If someone had a 3-letter last name and a 1-letter first name and was a CPU or NRSA, their complete name would be on the standby or upgrade list for all to see.
How many one-letter first name persons have you ever encountered?

The three-or-less letter last name + first initial though is sometimes a pretty good identifier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.