Search

Sub $3k fares to Asia

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2018, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GLOBAL SERVICES - 1.2 million miles
Sub $3k fares to Asia

Hello,

I need to get to Asia in J for under $3k....does anyone know any routes that UA serves from the USA to Asia that is under $3k RT? Since the company I am working with is giving me a budget on this flight which is usually not the case even though I have gone for $4-5k in J? I can fly on an award ticket to anywhere in the US and pay for a coach ticket within Asia to get to my destinations as I would have to connect anyway. I know ORD-PEK is one...

It can originate in the USA or CAN. Thanks for the help?
Old May 4, 2018, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
BOS-PEK, YVR-TPE (might be gone now?), also just Canada in general is a good source.
Old May 4, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
You're a bit late to the party, unfortunately... YVR/YYZ to Asia can reliably be had for ~$2-3k during the winter months, but the last fare that I'm aware of expired on April 30. I wouldn't expect to see those again until the fall, popping up in September or so, for dates in the winter.

BOS-PEK is one of the few still out there, just due to competitive fares. You may be able to find some "long way around" fares on TK, but unfortunately, you're in the wrong time of year for that price range.

Good luck!
Old May 4, 2018, 3:57 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by youngGS
... I need to get to Asia in J for under $3k.... ....
Both Asia and USA are big places with 6-8 hour inter-region flights, Perhaps you could narrow this down a bit.
Not sure I see the vale of long inter-region economy flights (perhasp doubling travel times) to get a lie-flat TPAC.

As for discount fares, are you restricting to publish, PQD earning fares? Have you looked at consolidators?

How far in advance are your purchasing?

An additional resource is FT's Premium Fare Deals

Is upgraded economy out of play? ICN can be a rarely easy upgrade, TPE is another (a bit less so)
Old May 4, 2018, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GLOBAL SERVICES - 1.2 million miles
I snagged ORD-PEK in August for $2,600 and then was able to expense other Asia to Asia flights to the different companies I am meeting with on other carriers.

Thanks for the help!
Old May 4, 2018, 9:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
check the premium fare thread, yyz-tpe is $2500us

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.