Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SFO Polaris Lounge Preview Invitation (using miles) 27 April 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia

Just got this by email... 2500 miles to try it out for two hours... I'm going to be out of the country, but guessing plenty of people will bite.

Join us for the next chapter of United Polaris.
We're happy to announce the upcoming opening of the United Polaris® lounge at San Francisco (SFO). To celebrate, we're offering United MileagePlus® members a rare opportunity to use miles to preview the lounge without having purchased a United Polaris first or business class ticket. On Friday, April 27, 2018, you and a guest can choose from select times to experience a whole new way to travel.

The new United Polaris lounge is a stunning retreat offering exceptional comfort and luxury typically reserved for our international premium cabin customers. This space was designed to offer the ultimate travel experience with comfortable seating, tucked-away relaxation areas, spa-like shower facilities, elevated service and customized amenities that help travelers unwind before or after a long flight.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC

Received and email from United today, with an invitation to access the Polaris Lounge at SFO on Friday, April 27th. Accessing the lounge would cost me 2,500 miles.

Details below:

San Francisco International Airport
Friday, April 27, 2018

We are happy to announce the new United Polaris® lounge at San Francisco International Airport. We are offering members a rare opportunity to get a first chance look at the lounge without having a Polaris Business Class ticket. On Friday, April 27, you and a guest can choose from select times during the day and experience the best way to travel.

Our brand-new United Polaris lounge is available exclusively to our international premium cabin travelers, offering a thoughtful selection of amenities to prepare you for your flight. The United Polaris lounges features our pre-flight dining option, which includes a menu developed by award-winning chef Art Smith, an extensive buffet with hot and cold selections and table service. Pair your meal with your beverage of choice, with options including specially curated wines, premium spirits, craft brews and handcrafted cocktails.

Access to the lounge is typically only available to customers traveling in United Polaris business class or United Polaris first class on long-haul international flights may access the lounge before departure, during connections or upon arrival. Customers traveling in international first or business class cabins on Star Alliance™ partner airlines may also access the lounge only at the airport of their international departure.

Buy now for this rare opportunity to experience Polaris.

This package includes:
  • One ticket to preview the brand new Polaris Lounge at San Francisco International Airport on Friday, April 27
    • Please select one of the following time slots (limit 2 tickets per time slot):
      • 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
      • 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
      • 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
      • 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
      • 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
      • 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by ps9a
Just got this by email... 2500 miles to try it out for two hours... I'm going to be out of the country, but guessing plenty of people will bite.

Join us for the next chapter of United Polaris.We're happy to announce the upcoming opening of the United Polaris® lounge at San Francisco (SFO). To celebrate, we're offering United MileagePlus® members a rare opportunity to use miles to preview the lounge without having purchased a United Polaris first or business class ticket. On Friday, April 27, 2018, you and a guest can choose from select times to experience a whole new way to travel.

The new United Polaris lounge is a stunning retreat offering exceptional comfort and luxury typically reserved for our international premium cabin customers. This space was designed to offer the ultimate travel experience with comfortable seating, tucked-away relaxation areas, spa-like shower facilities, elevated service and customized amenities that help travelers unwind before or after a long flight.
Huh. I am flying that night. No invite for this GS
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I just purchased 2 tickets for the 6pm-8pm slot. I'll have access in July anyway, but it seemed like a cool opportunity.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Dang. I'm flying that day, but via LAX.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Got one also. But as we will be there May 21 flying SFO-MUC, no need to make a special trip.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Here is the link that was in my email:

https://exclusives.mileageplus.com/L...etails/4903272
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
I don't think they move the numbered GS seats from the current lounge to the Polaris Lounge until opening day...
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
That's really odd. Maybe need an SF address? Or maybe a credit card... no reason they'd be inviting 1K and not GS.

Additionally, according to T&C...
Access to table service meals is subject to availability.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:23 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I got the invite.

I didn't even check how many miles because I will be away.

I'm about 50 miles from SFO, though it is the airport I use the most, not nearby SJC.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
I purchased for 2-4PM. Can't wait to see it!
Old Apr 13, 2018, 11:22 am

Does this mean it'll be open starting from that date? That'd be nice, as I'll be flying through SFO in INTL J at the month!
Old Apr 13, 2018, 11:59 am

Does anyone know if gate passes will be provided or do you need to be ticketed for travel that day in order to access the event?

Old Apr 13, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by windhund
Does this mean it'll be open starting from that date? That'd be nice, as I'll be flying through SFO in INTL J at the month!
My question as well, I have a nice 3h layover i'd love to enjoy the new polaris lounge in a little over a month.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 12:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Surprisingly well priced at only 2500 miles ($37.50 equivalent).

I'll be flying Polaris on May 3 otherwise would probably take the plunge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.