Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Polaris - When is the appropriate time to ask for gel pillow (now on seat), pad & PJ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Polaris - When is the appropriate time to ask for gel pillow (now on seat), pad & PJ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by elitefreak
Where is the big lav located?
2L
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I think it depends on the plane. I don't recall a "big lav" in the 3-class 772. But I do recall a flight on BA where the "lav" was so huge that I worried that, if the next passenger was pushing the door so forcefully that it would open, there would be no way I could block it.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I think it depends on the plane. I don't recall a "big lav" in the 3-class 772. But I do recall a flight on BA where the "lav" was so huge that I worried that, if the next passenger was pushing the door so forcefully that it would open, there would be no way I could block it.
I cannot confirm by recollected experience, but I think the 'big lav' on the 3-class 772 would be at row 33 or door 3L. It is the disabilities accommodation lavatory. Presumably the situation is / will be likewise for the Polaris'd 772.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by fumje
I cannot confirm by recollected experience, but I think the 'big lav' on the 3-class 772 would be at row 33 or door 3L. It is the disabilities accommodation lavatory. Presumably the situation is / will be likewise for the Polaris'd 772.
I see now why I could not remember that it existed: too many trips where I was closer to the front of the plane.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by wxguy
In front of 9A on the 777-300ER.
which is exactly where I am sitting. Perfect.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

788: behind row 3 on the L
789: behind row 5 on the L
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Was on a Polaris flight on Thursday and the FA told me that the gel pillows are going away. That's can't be true, can it? To me, that is one big plus for Polaris over NH on sleep comfort.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by username
Was on a Polaris flight on Thursday and the FA told me that the gel pillows are going away. That's can't be true, can it? To me, that is one big plus for Polaris over NH on sleep comfort.
For me the gel pillows are like wild unicorns. I’ve heard of them and I saw one once at a FTG event.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The pillows are the most important factor for me on long haul flights. I will be very displeased if they are going away. Why??
Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:22 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Given the noise UA made making the pillow standard, available on boarding, that would seem odd to turn around and discontinue. FA rumors are at best 50/50.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk

For me the gel pillows are like wild unicorns. I’ve heard of them and I saw one once at a FTG event.
Really? Have you ever actually asked for one? I never once had a problem.
iluv2fly, Xyzzy and narvik like this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:56 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by chavala
Really? Have you ever actually asked for one? I never once had a problem.
Since the new policy (early July 2018), they have been there on boarding or me every time.
wxguy likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 6:34 pm

At what point in a Polaris Business flight is it recommended/sensible/practical to request a mattress pad?

ASAP upon boarding?
When you are close to actually wanting to use it?

I keep reading that they run out quickly, but I'm not sure if there's anywhere to store it when you're not using it.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
At what point in a Polaris Business flight is it recommended/sensible/practical to request a mattress pad?

ASAP upon boarding?
When you are close to actually wanting to use it?

I keep reading that they run out quickly, but I'm not sure if there's anywhere to store it when you're not using it.
I request it when talking with FAs about meal selection / PDBs, and put it in the overhead with the rest of the blankets until after the meal service. I try to make it clear when requesting that there’s no rush, and sometimes it doesn’t come until after takeoff, but I’m 100% on getting one so far this year.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Anyone else like to find them in the overheads and self-serve?

I've found myself handing out mattress pads to fellow pax on several occasions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.