Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Travel Waiver: Houston Severe Weather (March 28, 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2018, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

Airports:
• Houston, TX (IAH)
Rebook by March 31, 2018.

Waiver: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/travel/news/Pages/travelnotices.aspx#ExceptionPolicies

Waiver Parameter Code: 1+

David
Attached Images  

Last edited by DELee; Mar 29, 2018 at 12:27 am Reason: Waiver parameter code now posted to jetstream
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Would've been nice had they extended this to tomorrow before they decided to start "preemptively" cancelling tomorrow morning flights through IAH, that way rebooking could've been done at a time other than 11 PM (or whenever people happen to check their reservation, likely not until the airport tomorrow I would assume).

to make clear, they still haven't extended the waiver to tomorrow.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chermorg
Would've been nice had they extended this to tomorrow before they decided to start "preemptively" cancelling tomorrow morning flights through IAH, that way rebooking could've been done at a time other than 11 PM (or whenever people happen to check their reservation, likely not until the airport tomorrow I would assume).

to make clear, they still haven't extended the waiver to tomorrow.
Well, the jetstream site shows the reschedule end date as March 29, 2018 (jetstream). See if that helps in rebooking.

David
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Still storming in IAH/HOU - this is a radar/cloud view at ~11:40 PM Pacific/~1:40 AM Central:

David
Old Mar 29, 2018, 4:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by DELee
Well, the jetstream site shows the reschedule end date as March 29, 2018 (jetstream). See if that helps in rebooking.

David
Thanks, but it would not have helped. Given that the flight I was on was completely cancelled around 11pm last night (for a 10 am departure this morning), I had to rebook regardless and the agent was flexible. I would've preferred not doing that at 11pm, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.