Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ORD Terminal 1-2 Shuttle service cut? (No longer in operation)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD Terminal 1-2 Shuttle service cut? (No longer in operation)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: Hertz PC
ORD imo have gone down in passenger traffic. Less widebodies more 737/A320 and UAX.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by bhunt
ORD imo have gone down in passenger traffic. Less widebodies more 737/A320 and UAX.
Really?

Midway, O'Hare see record passenger counts, but number of flights down at Chicago airports: aviation officials - Chicago Tribune

O’Hare handled 79.8 million passengers in 2017, a 2.4 percent increase over 2016 and the highest total in the airport’s history, according to the city.

[...]

United Airlines spokesman Charles Hobart said the number of flights was down slightly at O’Hare while passenger count was up at the airline because of larger planes.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by LarryJ
The additional parallel runways have made a huge improvement to the airport's capacity and they're still building more runways.

Next issue is gate space and it looks like they have a plan to build a lot more of those, too.

Now, if I could just get a Cubana from Frontera in less than 20 minutes...
Yes this will increase their capacity by 20-30%.. A new global terminal is close to be agreed upon with airlines as well.

BWT I think this shuttle not being offered is a small thing but a big deal for flyers. More
Old Mar 26, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by atword
I am on UAX every time I go through ORD. Shuttle was gone by sometime in January. It was busy and it was faster than walking F to C if, and only if, you could walk right on to it without waiting in line. For those who have trouble walking I'm sure it was wonderful.

I suspect that the bus was needed for the Terminal 5 shuttle service that is now operating. (But did UA own the bus?) Post 92 in this thread seems to indicate UA will be participating in the T5 shuttle service:

ORD T1, T2, T3 to T5 busing being looked at for connecting pax
Currently it only operates between T3 and T5.

Assuming UA wants to extend service to its passengers there is no guarantee that there will be shuttle traffic between T1 and T2. I can easily see a single shuttle point from somewhere close in on the B (opposite B4 or B5?) concourse in T1 straight to T5 and no stop in T2.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by emcampbe
unfortunatelty, many don’t have/seethat option.

EXACTLY, either due to price or schedule. For some reason, i'm either given the choice of a ~0:45 connection or a ~4:50 connection.

Originally Posted by milepig

I’m no UA apologist, but this is just plain untrue. And even if EVERY flight to ORD was delayed that would be the fault of the originating airport that sent it off late, not ORD.

I agree, a large number of my flights are ontime (within 15min) but that can cut 45min to 30min for a connection. Still enough time to make any domestic connection I suppose.

I also get a large number of arrivals where the gate is not available but usually the flight is early. It does not seem as bad as SFO where (listening to Ch 9 once) 50% of flights had no gate.

Originally Posted by dls25
I have heard talk about UA being sued because the shuttle was not handicap accessible. Perhaps they decided to end it rather than install elevators and purchase ramp equipped buses...
I thought their option would be the wheelchair service. For someone who is handicapped, I would think that someone pushing/driving you is surely better than a shuttle.

It is awkward for people to carry their bags up and down the stairs but they have people to help.

Originally Posted by atword
I am on UAX every time I go through ORD. Shuttle was gone by sometime in January. It was busy and it was faster than walking F to C if, and only if, you could walk right on to it without waiting in line. For those who have trouble walking I'm sure it was wonderful.

I've timed my walk (at my normal pace) and I've always found it faster or nearly the same to take the shuttle even waiting in line. Even when there is a line. I've never not gotten on the next shuttle while in line. I didn't try timing it til after they removed the moving walkways. I guess back then it would have been faster or maybe you are a faster walker than me. People tell me I'm a slow walker.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Bus from E/F gates at ORD to C

Heard mixed messages. Do they still run the bus or is it just walk?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
That shuttle service got cut without announcement earlier this or late last year.

Except for those with mobility challenges, it wasn't all that helpful anyways...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...rvice-cut.html
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Thanks. It looks like I'll be getting my cardio in for my 52 minute connection.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think I'd be getting cardio regardless for a 52 minute T2-T1 connection!
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:50 am

United App shows 21 minutes walk from C1 to F20.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Originally Posted by threeoh
Seems long. I would have guessed more in the ten minute range as a normal walking speed.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LarryJ
Seems long. I would have guessed more in the ten minute range as a normal walking speed.
I think it's about right. At a sprint I have gone F14 to C29 in 5-6 minutes, so if walking I think 15-20 is close.

Also, is there actually a gate F20?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by fumje
I think it's about right. At a sprint I have gone F14 to C29 in 5-6 minutes, so if walking I think 15-20 is close.

Also, is there actually a gate F20?
Weirdly, the United App seems to think so, but airportterminalmaps.com and Google Maps think the F concourse maxes out at F14. I never spend any time in the F concourse so not sure which one is correct.

ETA: The official O'Hare map https://www.flychicago.com/SiteColle...are/Map/T2.pdf shows up through F28, just like the United app and United website. Maybe there was a gate re-numbering and Google Maps etc. have outdated info?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Weirdly, the United App seems to think so, but airportterminalmaps.com and Google Maps think the F concourse maxes out at F14. I never spend any time in the F concourse so not sure which one is correct.
Actually now that I look at some maps I think UA is correct. The E-F crossover is around F9, but the airportterminalmaps map shows it near F4? or so.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM
There are several gates, including F25, down the escalator at the end of Terminal F. Arrived there two weeks ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.