Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SFO Arrivals Lounge "temporarily closed"? (has reopened )

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club

Not sure if there's another thread/post. Please merge if needed

After flying SYD-SFO, I was very disappointed to find the SFO Arrivals lounge was closed. I was counting on a shower and a place to change from shorts to long pants.
Heard two different stories. One guy said they were renovating. Another guy said there was a water leak. I suppose both could be true.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
What a bummer! I flew through LAX last week and was thinking it would have been nice(r) to go through SFO and use the Arrivals Lounge, but perhaps it was already closed.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:52 am

That's too bad. I'm flying through there next month, and it would have been nice to have a shower before a transcon.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by eng3

After flying SYD-SFO, I was very disappointed to find the SFO Arrivals lounge was closed. I was counting on a shower and a place to change from shorts to long pants.
Heard two different stories. One guy said they were renovating. Another guy said there was a water leak. I suppose both could be true.
I used the Arrivals lounge on Saturday (March 17) and there was no mention of plans for it to close.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by nigos
I used the Arrivals lounge on Saturday (March 17) and there was no mention of plans for it to close.
I had just exited the "connecting flights" door and asked a guy there where the lounge was. I couldn't remember if I should exit the "connecting flight" door or the "exit to city" door. He is the one that said they were renovating. After walking forward some more and seeing the sign to the arrivals lounge and no "closed" sign, I decided maybe he doesnt know what he's talking about and kept walking to lounge. There was a "temporarily closed" sign with instructions to use your app the find another lounge. The double doors were open and there were two agents at the desk. There was also a guy sitting on a chair just outside the door. He is the one that said there was a water leak.

So maybe the second guy was correct and it was just temporary. Bad luck for me.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I was there a week ago and was talking to the lady at the front desk for a while - if there were plans to close it I'm sure she would have mentioned it.

One guy said they were renovating. Another guy said there was a water leak. I suppose both could be true.
I'd put money on the first guy being confused with the Intl G UC, which is closed for "renovations". The second story sounds far more likely as far as the arrivals lounge goes.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
That would suck, I'm betting on the water leak.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Heard two different stories. One guy said they were renovating.
Another guy said there was a water leak. I suppose both could be true.
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
That would suck, I'm betting on the water leak.
Yes, it was closed mid-morning March 18 because of a 'plumbing issue'. Not sure how long for repair.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, United Club, IHG Ambassador/Spire
Originally Posted by fumje
Yes, it was closed mid-morning March 18 because of a 'plumbing issue'. Not sure how long for repair.
I arrived on March 19 around mid-morning and its still showing temporarily closed. Kinda of bummer as I was planning to shower and head straight to office after.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
My wife saw evidence of the water leak a month ago when they had wet carpet and blowers. So no shocker.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:49 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by fumje
Not sure how long for repair.
I almost guarantee not too much longer than a kitchen update at DEN.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:48 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by fly2lanai
I arrived on March 19 around mid-morning and its still showing temporarily closed. Kinda of bummer as I was planning to shower and head straight to office after.
I arrived on the 19th as well. They gave me a voucher to the Freshen Up store to take a shower.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by narvik
I almost guarantee not too much longer than a kitchen update at DEN.
No, I'm sure they'll get to it quickly when the finish the work on the other SFO lounges....
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ICN1K
I arrived on the 19th as well. They gave me a voucher to the Freshen Up store to take a shower.
What? I didn't get one. I even specifically said "well, I wanted to take a shower and change my clothes" after the guy said "you can still goto one of the other lounges". I remember it even crossed my mind that they should offer a voucher to the Freshen Up place.

I guess I will have to settle for the $500ECT they gave me after I complained about this (and an IFE issue)
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
...I guess I will have to settle for the $500ECT they gave me after I complained about this...
Gee, that's awesome. I'd offend people with my odor for only $100

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.