Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

my non-elite wife is traveling solo tomorrow... I am PRem SIlver - can i get her E+

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

my non-elite wife is traveling solo tomorrow... I am PRem SIlver - can i get her E+

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold

Wondering if anyone has tried to do this.

I understand its not a benefit, but wondering if anyone has tried to get a free E+ upgrade for Premier Silver's spouse, when Premier Silver not traveling
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:44 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
It is hard to prove there has never been an exception but as more senior elites have been denied, doubt it is worth the effort. It is not an elite benefit if the elite is not traveling.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
zero chance IMO
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Hey, I don't really want to get into your whole relationship thing, but rarely does it go well to let a spouse know that he/she is not, in fact, elite.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by caseminole
I understand its not a benefit, but wondering if anyone has tried to get a free E+ upgrade for Premier Silver's spouse, when Premier Silver not traveling
Not unless you are a million miler, and if you are, you should designate her as your million-miler companion.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I almost LOLed but I'm too exhausted.

Without flying no. With flying yes. *wink*

EDIT: E+ Is Not An Upgrade!!!

Last edited by sexykitten7; Mar 5, 2018 at 8:08 pm Reason: Edit
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
Not unless you are a million miler, and if you are, you should designate her as your million-miler companion.
In which case, the OP would be Gold anyway.
HoustonConsultant and getagb like this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Hey, I don't really want to get into your whole relationship thing, but rarely does it go well to let a spouse know that he/she is not, in fact, elite.
Unable to keep my +1 in the manner she expected I tracked down and acquired mm status to avoid that kind of thing!
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Can you get her E+?

Of course. Got a credit card handy?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: *
The reality too for the OP is to realize that he too is not an elite....not much elite about being Silver these days
Repooc17, tapeguy, msp3 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
this was an unpublished PMCO benefit, but no longer...
jacobguo likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:31 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Shoot for 1MM -- and gift her your status.
Or fly with her, you should be able to get her E+ then.
Or just buy her up to E+ but pretend that this was because of your status.
Kmxu likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by caseminole
Wondering if anyone has tried to do this.

Yes you can. It will cost between $39 and $159 or so depending on the length of the flight
Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:40 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hughw
this was an unpublished PMCO benefit, but no longer...
pmCO did not have E+ prior to merger transition. There were bulkhead / exit row premium seats.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: CO Platinum
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
pmCO did not have E+ prior to merger transition. There were bulkhead / exit row premium seats.
Actually CO was great about things like that in the early days. I was a Plat in 2001 and had my fiancee down in Lima on an award ticket with my miles. They cancelled the flight due to a snowstorm here and told her in Lima that since it was an award ticket they wouldn't be able to get her back for several days. She called me, I called CO explained my status and that I needed her back, and within ten minutes they had her in BusinessFirst on the next flight back. That was amazing...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.