FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   my non-elite wife is traveling solo tomorrow... I am PRem SIlver - can i get her E+ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1897230-my-non-elite-wife-traveling-solo-tomorrow-i-am-prem-silver-can-i-get-her-e.html)

caseminole Mar 5, 2018 7:41 pm

my non-elite wife is traveling solo tomorrow... I am PRem SIlver - can i get her E+

Wondering if anyone has tried to do this.

I understand its not a benefit, but wondering if anyone has tried to get a free E+ upgrade for Premier Silver's spouse, when Premier Silver not traveling

WineCountryUA Mar 5, 2018 7:44 pm

It is hard to prove there has never been an exception but as more senior elites have been denied, doubt it is worth the effort. It is not an elite benefit if the elite is not traveling.

cfischer Mar 5, 2018 7:49 pm

zero chance IMO

HoustonConsultant Mar 5, 2018 8:01 pm

Hey, I don't really want to get into your whole relationship thing, but rarely does it go well to let a spouse know that he/she is not, in fact, elite.

HoustonConsultant Mar 5, 2018 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by caseminole (Post 29490213)
I understand its not a benefit, but wondering if anyone has tried to get a free E+ upgrade for Premier Silver's spouse, when Premier Silver not traveling

Not unless you are a million miler, and if you are, you should designate her as your million-miler companion.

sexykitten7 Mar 5, 2018 8:07 pm

I almost LOLed but I'm too exhausted.

Without flying no. With flying yes. *wink*

EDIT: E+ Is Not An Upgrade!!!

mahasamatman Mar 5, 2018 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant (Post 29490284)
Not unless you are a million miler, and if you are, you should designate her as your million-miler companion.

In which case, the OP would be Gold anyway.

Dublin_rfk Mar 5, 2018 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant (Post 29490273)
Hey, I don't really want to get into your whole relationship thing, but rarely does it go well to let a spouse know that he/she is not, in fact, elite.

Unable to keep my +1 in the manner she expected I tracked down and acquired mm status to avoid that kind of thing!

notquiteaff Mar 5, 2018 8:51 pm

Can you get her E+?

Of course. Got a credit card handy?

ani90 Mar 5, 2018 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant (Post 29490273)

The reality too for the OP is to realize that he too is not an elite....not much elite about being Silver these days :rolleyes:

hughw Mar 6, 2018 6:02 am

this was an unpublished PMCO benefit, but no longer...

vsevolod4 Mar 6, 2018 6:31 am

Shoot for 1MM -- and gift her your status.
Or fly with her, you should be able to get her E+ then.
Or just buy her up to E+ but pretend that this was because of your status.

HawkeyeFlyer Mar 6, 2018 6:58 am

Originally Posted by caseminole (Post 29490213)
Wondering if anyone has tried to do this.

Yes you can. It will cost between $39 and $159 or so depending on the length of the flight

WineCountryUA Mar 6, 2018 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by hughw (Post 29491367)
this was an unpublished PMCO benefit, but no longer...

pmCO did not have E+ prior to merger transition. There were bulkhead / exit row premium seats.

Russell745 Mar 6, 2018 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 29493412)
pmCO did not have E+ prior to merger transition. There were bulkhead / exit row premium seats.

Actually CO was great about things like that in the early days. I was a Plat in 2001 and had my fiancee down in Lima on an award ticket with my miles. They cancelled the flight due to a snowstorm here and told her in Lima that since it was an award ticket they wouldn't be able to get her back for several days. She called me, I called CO explained my status and that I needed her back, and within ten minutes they had her in BusinessFirst on the next flight back. That was amazing...