Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA employees shocked: (qtrly performance) Bonuses replaced with lottery (on "pause")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Update 5 March 2018 per Chicago Tribune (and confirmed by internal employee memo
United walks back new bonus lottery system that angered employees
United Airlines on Monday reversed plans to begin awarding bonuses through a lottery system that angered employees.

Scott Kirby, president of the Chicago-based airline, said United was “pressing the pause button” on changes that would have handed out larger bonuses to only a fraction of its workers after hearing employees’ feedback since announcing the changes late last week.

Per Chicago Business Journal, 2 March 2018
​​​​​​​United Airlines employees shocked: Bonuses replaced with lottery

United Airlines President Scott Kirby sent shock waves through the employee ranks at the Chicago-based airline today.

Kirby issued an employee memo in which he announced that the Chicago-based airline is dropping the quarterly performance bonuses the carrier had been giving out to all employees qualified to receive them.

Kirby said in the memo, obtained by the Chicago Business Journal, that the bonus payouts are being replaced with a new program called "core4 Score Rewards," which Kirby said would include quarterly prizes like cash ranging from $2,000 to $40,000, luxury cars, vacation packages, and a grand of prize of $100,000 awarded to one eligible employee per quarter.
Print Wikipost

UA employees shocked: (qtrly performance) Bonuses replaced with lottery (on "pause")

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by wanderingkev
I got said chits
GTEM's (Going The Extra Mile). Loved those.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:43 pm

Scott Kirby the NEW Smeisk. I suspect that Oscar is counting his days to retirement with Kirby being the replacement. This is not a good outlook for United - just when you think they turned the corner. I see more dark roads ahead for the UA employees and pax.
FlyingNone likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
Originally Posted by Kacee
I don't think management believed that for a second. This was about cutting the costs of the bonus program, and then pitching the change as an "enhancement."

Sound familiar?
This seems to be an accurate assessment of Mr Kirby's boneheaded suggestion.
FlyingNone likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 4:24 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oopl
It'll likely end with "We hear you but we're implementing this change anyways."
It will more likely end with "You'll get nothing and like it!"
Old Mar 9, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by topman
Scott Kirby the NEW Smeisk [sic].
United gets the Presidents/CEOs the shareholders demand. Nothing can be done about that, sadly.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
The likely result is changes are coming, and United's president thinks employees will like them.
FlyingNone likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.