Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA EWR to EZE - experiences compared to AA JFK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Marriott/SPG Gold

Has anyone flown the recently re-instated direct EWR to EZE flight?
I am travelling for work (in business class) soon, I have done a couple trips in past year but had to do JFK to EZE on american for a direct route.

Let me say, that AA flight is perhaps the best flight experience I have ever had. The full "pod" seats (like the polaris ones will be...someday)

However, getting to JFK from the west is terrible and I most of my miles/travel is on UA. Was excited to see this new route.

Looking into it now... very disappointed the seats do not look like the new style. Has anyone flown this? How is the business class?
I will probably fly the UA flight to save 2 hours each way fighting to JFK and retain all those miles. but having your own personal pod is so nice...
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I flew EWR-EZE-EWR a few months ago in J and had a pleasant trip. The late southbound departure and flight time is great for sleeping and the early northbound departure (with early arrival) even allowed for a quick nap when I got home before heading to the office. I also think the Star Alliance lounge at EZE is better than the Admirals Club, but the Flagship lounge at JFK >>>>>>>>>>> anything at EWR.

If you can snag it, 1D on the 767 is great. I'd even prefer a lesser seat if using EWR allows you to avoid the traffic. The timing of the JFK-EZE-JFK flights could put you in bumper-to-bumper conditions coming and going.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM, JPMorgan Reserve, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP
flown it twice and I love it. Very convenient times, little traffic to and from airport. GS reception area. Super Service. 777 depending on configuration is more comfortable than 767, but that is the only downside I see...
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Same decade old B/E Diamond seat and United Club lounges, nothing Polaris here except for the soft product onboard.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the input folks. I do love the departure times for these flights, though the AA is timed almost identically.
It seems like its a 767-400 which, by my research, is a slightly older config not on the immediate plan for Polaris upgrades

couple follow up questions to the best of your recollections:
1) They are true lay flat seats right?
2) Last row in business (row 8) - how bad is it? right up on the bathrooms? (I might opt for a window vs row 8)
3) The center aisle seats - row D - i see mixed reviews. Low privacy like you are "on display". But easy aisle access and no seat mates.

Old Feb 6, 2018, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by IADflyer01
2) Last row in business (row 8) - how bad is it? right up on the bathrooms? (I might opt for a window vs row 8)
3) The center aisle seats - row D - i see mixed reviews. Low privacy like you are "on display". But easy aisle access and no seat mates.
I would suggest consulting the where to sit thread.

1) Yes, the are fully lie-flat seats. It's the same seat design on all sCO aircraft (sCO 772, sCO 763/4, 788/9, both sUA and sCO 752), although stretched or squished to fit each cabin. Some report that the 767 seats are on the short side.
3) You're open to the aisles, but most people tend to prefer this. I think single flyers who avoid the center block do so primarily to look out a window.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by IADflyer01
Thanks for the input folks. I do love the departure times for these flights, though the AA is timed almost identically.
It seems like its a 767-400 which, by my research, is a slightly older config not on the immediate plan for Polaris upgrades

couple follow up questions to the best of your recollections:

1) True
2) Lavs are farther back, aft of the 2L/R doors, but 8ABKL can be unpleasant with the galley noise and lights. OTOH, rows 6/7/8 are served from the mid galley which usually results in a quicker service.
3) Not very private but I don't think about that once I pull my eyemask on. My gripes about the D seats rows 2 and aft are smaller footwells than the B/K seats (A/L a little larger) and small armrest surface means drinks and other items can get knocked off by people walking down the aisle.

Of the seatmap you posted, 1A is the best, IMO, for the double-width footwell.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Row 1 all the way if can get it. The wider foot rest is def a noticeable difference. 1D for me every time.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
AA's JFK-EZE is on the flagship 77W, which has the Zodiac Cirrus business class seats. They are by far my favorite business class seats among the US3. AA's JFK Flagship Lounge is also very nice. But if it's an extra 2 hours each way to get to JFK, forget it.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:17 pm

Location: out my front door 60 min prior to IAH flight until they increased the check in time to 45 min
Programs: CO Platinum or UA 1K for so long, now almost 2MM
Originally Posted by EWR764
1) True
2) Lavs are farther back, aft of the 2L/R doors, but 8ABKL can be unpleasant with the galley noise and lights. OTOH, rows 6/7/8 are served from the mid galley which usually results in a quicker service.
3) Not very private but I don't think about that once I pull my eyemask on. My gripes about the D seats rows 2 and aft are smaller footwells than the B/K seats (A/L a little larger) and small armrest surface means drinks and other items can get knocked off by people walking down the aisle.

Of the seatmap you posted, 1A is the best, IMO, for the double-width footwell.
1A is always the best seat in the pmCO 777 because of the extra big footwell but 8A is the same
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by arisaa
1A is always the best seat in the pmCO 777 because of the extra big footwell but 8A is the same
On the sCO 777, 1A doesn't exist, unless you're actually referring to the "throne" !
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
Originally Posted by EWR764
On the sCO 777, 1A doesn't exist, unless you're actually referring to the "throne" !
There is a 1a on CO's 777.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JerseyCityS

Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by JerseyCityS
Try again...
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

This flight is a 767, not 777. So above seat map doesn't apply.
Something is definitely up with row 1. Return i have 1A booked, and 1B doesn't even show as a seat. Just an empty space.

outbound (tomorrow) I have 7L for now, but 1B is available. It seems to have inconsistently shown up on the map.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.