Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Consolidated Compensation Thread [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Consolidated Compensation Thread [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, MR Silver
I am just going to stop now. Apparently there is always a theoretical way that United may have acted that a mere Gold could not possibly understand. Plus people aren't even reading what I wrote. Thanks anyway.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Flew DEN-LIT. Landed ~30 before official arrival. Waited ~50 min to get to gate due to lack of ground crew working for UA. This is not a hub, and only 1 other UA flight even arriving within an hour of when we did (from IAH). Then waited 1 hour at baggage claim for my bags - finally left without them as I was late for work event and couldn't be more late. Had to do my work event without my items that I checked (had to due to size of demos) and was late as well.

Oh, and to add insult to injury no UA baggage claim workers present, just a a sign that said "call 1800-United1".

Wrote to 1K voice - will let you all know how UA responds. Regardless, very disappointed due to experience with UA on this. Hope the make it right.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Flew DEN-LIT. Landed ~30 before official arrival. Waited ~50 min to get to gate due to lack of ground crew working for UA. This is not a hub, and only 1 other UA flight even arriving within an hour of when we did (from IAH). Then waited 1 hour at baggage claim for my bags - finally left without them as I was late for work event and couldn't be more late. Had to do my work event without my items that I checked (had to due to size of demos) and was late as well.

Oh, and to add insult to injury no UA baggage claim workers present, just a a sign that said "call 1800-United1".

Wrote to 1K voice - will let you all know how UA responds. Regardless, very disappointed due to experience with UA on this. Hope the make it right.
I hope they give you something. That aside, you must have been gambling with your schedule if an 80 min delay made you that late for your event.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
UAX - 3 hour crew disruption delay. Boarded, then plane went mechanical. Total delay 6 hours.
$100 ETC or 5,000 RDMs - 1K

Underwhelmed
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox

I wouldn't get my hopes up, if I were you.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
$200 ETC for equipment swap (78J to sCO 772)
Old Jun 28, 2019, 3:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
UA 2177 ORD-RDU. We boarded and maintenance came on board. The aircraft had been several hours later on its previous flight due to maintenance. This crew refused to fly the plane after maintenance couldn't fix whatever the issue was. We deboarded and waited two hours for another plane to arrive. Neither gate agents nor crew had any information. Arrived at RDU at 3 AM instead of 12:30 AM.

Wrote United and got a $100 travel certificate.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:35 pm

My LAX-SFO flight got delayed by 7 hours and 15 minutes (overnight) because "your crew arrived later than scheduled and has not had sufficient off-duty/rest time required by federal law". On the app it also mentioned that the crew was affected by bad weather in Florida. This was obviously a huge inconvenience for my wife and I having just landed from a 16 hour SIN-LAX flight. Am I entitled to some compensation for this?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
LAX-EWR 752 in E+

IFE touch screen response was sporadic and the power kept cycling off. FA said she felt bad for me and proactively offered to punch it in. $200 e-cert, 10,000 miles, or free inflight snacks.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cheme24
This was obviously a huge inconvenience for my wife and I having just landed from a 16 hour SIN-LAX flight. Am I entitled to some compensation for this?
A little hard to tell whether UA would call this weather, but definitely worth writing in to customer care. Note that any comp would be a customer service gesture, not an entitlement.

Were you on a single ticket SQ-UA? I would not expect SQ to sell that connection.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
LAX-EWR 752 in E+

IFE touch screen response was sporadic and the power kept cycling off. FA said she felt bad for me and proactively offered to punch it in. $200 e-cert, 10,000 miles, or free inflight snacks.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
LAX-EWR 752 in E+

Originally Posted by findark
"I'll take $200 worth of inflight snacks please."
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
A little hard to tell whether UA would call this weather, but definitely worth writing in to customer care. Note that any comp would be a customer service gesture, not an entitlement.

Were you on a single ticket SQ-UA? I would not expect SQ to sell that connection.
Thanks, I’ll write and see what happens. No, it was a separate ticket.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Just received $150.00 etc offer for 4:20 mechanical delay on SFO-CDG. 1K on W fare
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by SFO28L
Just received $150.00 etc offer for 4:20 mechanical delay on SFO-CDG. 1K on W fare
Was that automatically offered or did you request it? Pretty disappointing regardless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.