Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NO POWER in UA E- economy 319/320s????

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

NO POWER in UA E- economy 319/320s????

is it true that there is no power in uniteds economy seats on a319 and 320s? seems hard to believe.......i see that on the website and called but they just looked up the website.

saw some good flights that worked for us but one leg of my flight goes from chicago to vancouver 4.5hr (and back)....with no power? really? if no power thats a deal buster.......
Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Yes, it is true.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

thanks....well so much for united.

guess i'll wait for some summer sales from someone else.......
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VA Platinum
Inseat power is available in Economy+ only on almost all of United narrow body fleet.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

of course!.....got to upgrade if you want to plug your phone in!

wasn't an issue on air canada last year so i'll guess we'll look to them again (or westjet)
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Agreed that it’s not great. That said, I feel like the proliferation of mobile charged power units (especially for phones) should make this almost a moot point.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

yeah but with four travelers the idea of buying 4 power units + the added cables to worry about is not ideal.....especially when there will be others to choose from.

one thing i've found interesting is there are no airlines offering direct flights from baltimore, dc or philly to vancouver, bc. years ago there were multiple airlines to choose this flight from. now the only one i can find is out of new york. i've even called a couple airlines to see if they plan on adding a direct summer route....no luck.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:37 pm

You also have to remember that when everyone is plugged in, especially on a plane, then not everyone will be able to get power, and those that can will get it slowly.

If you can’t get USB, it’s not the worst thing in the world if only F/E+ gets the power.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:58 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by puffkit
...chicago to vancouver 4.5hr (and back)....with no power? really? if no power thats a deal buster.......
What hardware and use case do you have that not having an electric outlet for 4.5 hours is a deal buster?
zeer0 and nancypants like this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:03 pm

I always travel with a 10,000 amp power brick.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat

one thing i've found interesting is there are no airlines offering direct flights from baltimore, dc or philly to vancouver, bc. years ago there were multiple airlines to choose this flight from.
At-seat power as the decision criterion vs. price, schedule, AVOD, seat comfort... would be very curious.

The schedule is the schedule until the schedule is updated. Don't expect phone agents to discuss changes to the schedule that haven't been announced and loaded and are available for sale.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DetroitFlyer
I always travel with a 10,000 amp power brick.
More likely 10,000 milliamp-hour, unless you stab it or something to get 10,000 amps very briefly.
threeoh, overshare, wavid and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Besides, just because it's "available" doesn't mean it'll actually work. I recently had four consecutive flights (738, 739, 753) Y/F where it didn't work in my seat, and I'm talking about a tablet which has much lower draw than a PC. Last flight on a 739 (not one of the four) captain announced that there was no in-seat power for the entire a/c.

I don't assume anymore that I'll have power at the seat.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by garkster
Besides, just because it's "available" doesn't mean it'll actually work. I recently had four consecutive flights (738, 739, 753) Y/F where it didn't work in my seat, and I'm talking about a tablet which has much lower draw than a PC. Last flight on a 739 (not one of the four) captain announced that there was no in-seat power for the entire a/c.

I don't assume anymore that I'll have power at the seat.
Same here. That's why on long haul I bring my own extra power.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
is it true that there is no power in uniteds economy seats on a319 and 320s? seems hard to believe.......i see that on the website and called but they just looked up the website.

saw some good flights that worked for us but one leg of my flight goes from chicago to vancouver 4.5hr (and back)....with no power? really? if no power thats a deal buster.......
United it a bottom feeder airline, and yes, no power outside of E+ on most of the narrowbody fleet. Best to fly another airline if you want a decent inflight experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.