Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Travel Waiver: Northeast Weather (January 4, 2018 - January 5, 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Waiver: Northeast Weather (January 4, 2018 - January 5, 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Figured I'd share my experience.

MCO - EWR 1/3/18

Was originally on flight 279. Cancelled. (L fare)
Rebooked on 1/4 on a 900am Cancelled
Rebooked on 1/4 on a 1000am Cancelled
Rebooked on 1/5 on a 555am as STANDBY (declined)
Rebooked as a (Y Fare) AND Took the 1/5 flight 279 (a mere 48 hours after I was originally suppose to go)
Was delayed 60 minutes for flow control into EWR.

A couple day delay in MCO is usually a blessing but 32 degree and 2 extra days at the theme parks made for one sick boss7593 upon arrival in EWR.

*PS* stayed at Hyatt by OCCC for those extra two night on Priceline Express Deals $100 each so it was pretty good. (hyatt was just ok) given amount of other good hotels in MCO area wouldn't be a first choice to go back there. They were very accommodating and staff was great but the hotel despite being quite new is showing age fast.

** There was a MCO-IAD flight on 1/5 730pm that was cancelled and rescheduled for the next day and the line for rebooking at the check in counter where we were checking in stretched 100 people deep. We were number 5 in line when the crowd showed up. We almost missed our flight because there was 2 agents working and all the kiosks were out of service. **** took 45 minutes to go 5 people. They should've had a line for EWR check ins there was 2 EWR flights left going out of MCO that night no other destinations and a separate one for IAD rebooking.

Last edited by theboss7593; Jan 8, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:35 am

Programs: FB Gold
I had a bad experience. All day, the plane on which I was to depart at 17:00 was on time. It arrived inbound on time......and then someone at UA decided to slot a 2h delay for EWR. Fine, I can handle that......except 19:00 passed with no update or peep on if/when it would actually fly.

In a rather upset mood, I called CX and had them move me to back to my very delayed flight- this was a separate PNR at my own risk, but conceivably do-able even with a delay. But with no word on when my UA flight would actually depart, I had no choice.

Finally at 20:50, the gate agent reappeared and announced boarding in 15min. Altogether, my flight was about 4h late.

I haven't flown UA in nearly a decade. This was a reminder why. I know IRROPS happen to all airlines, but compared to DL and AA the lack of communication was disappointing. I've flown DL and AA in similar snowstorm situations and they handled it better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.