Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
For domestic flight issues, use Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2018]

Previous international delayed / cancelled report threads
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2017)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2016)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2015)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2014)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2012/13)

If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by wrp96
Weather?
Weather yesterday was bad in DEN, but today is clear and sunny... not sure how after 24 hours, these flights are all cancelled due to wx ..... The only candidate on that list for wx today is ORD, but even there, no precipitation and above freezing....

This is bad logistics on UA's part if I had to guess....

Edit... didn't see how bad things are at NRT/HND today... ouch.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by wrp96
Weather?
Yes, it looks like they are expecting snow in Tokyo.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by ICN1K
Can confirm snow has occurred. My Snapchat feed has been overwhelmed with friends sending snow flurries and slushy streets.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: MileagePlus GS
Originally Posted by dutch_122

texas gold,

corect, cancelled due to additional maintenance required on this aircraft. Tomorrow this aircraft will operate as a cargo only ferry without passengers, under flight number UA 2830/21JAN, ETD 13.00pm.
It looks like this plane is still parked at Schiphol and the ferried flight never happened. I couldn’t see number but there is 763 parked off terminal. Any updates on when it might be returning?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
UA895, sUA 777-200ER, ORD-HKG, 1310 scheduled departure, Monday, 22January:
  • Early in the day, the inbound for the flight was coming in from Europe with > 3 hours to turn.
  • By late morning, the inbound was changed to 851 from PEK, with ~2 hours to turn.
  • At noon, the departure was changed to 1330 reflecting the need to turn the plane from its inbound at Term 5, clean, cater, and taxi to Term 1.
  • We boarded about 1330, and were ready to go by 1400.
  • I was in 1A, and could see many mechanics with frowns on their faces. Not good.
  • Lead CSR announces the SatCom radio required for polar routes is INOP and can't be fixed. Plane swap. Deboard and head from C20 to C16.
  • We get to C16, and there's no plane there. Lead CSR announces it's the plane that was supposed to be 881 to NRT but was cancelled due to the the snowstorm.
  • The plane is in a hangar, and has to be towed over. It arrives at 1500, but the bags and catering need to be transferred, then crew do a safety check.
  • To expedite boarding, the lead CSR starts boarding at 1530 with economy only, seats ABCDE, so the caterers are not impacted. When the caterers finish in Y, he boards economy only GHJK, then F/C ABCD. Finally the caterers finish up front, and he boards F/C GHJK. Very creative and saved a lot of time!
  • The door closes and we push at 1616. An FA told me they were within seven minutes of going illegal!
  • We arrive at HKG at 2128 Tuesday, 2:08 late (favorable winds saved a bit under an hour of flying time).
Good job all around, especially lead CSR Steve for the creative boarding of the second plane.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:54 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Another try tomorrow morning as UA2790 departure 0730am.

Originally Posted by texas gold

It looks like this plane is still parked at Schiphol and the ferried flight never happened. I couldn’t see number but there is 763 parked off terminal. Any updates on when it might be returning?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by wxguy
Good job all around, especially lead CSR Steve for the creative boarding of the second plane.
Meanwhile I'm sure on some other thread, someone is complaining about how they had to board last on a full F ticket!
Old Jan 23, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by threeoh
Meanwhile I'm sure on some other thread, someone is complaining about how they had to board last on a full F ticket!
Not in this case! I was the only one on a "full F" ticket. Well OK, A. Two other GS upgraded with GPUs. Three NRSAs. Two pilot rest seats. None of us complained!
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:11 pm

Camp Hunger Games - NRT with 9k of my closest personal friends

Originally Posted by ICN1K
Just got off a very full US 142 NRT>DEN today Tuesday.

Arrived NRT on Monday from SIN on NH 802 around 2.30pm; overcast with no precip. Was to transfer to 142 boarding @ 5.15. By 4.30 snow was falling and accumulating rapidly with rapid temp decline. These guys don't know how to de-ice and plow. Rolling delays begin, ending with Narita pulling the plug around 9.30. Buses stopped, NEX almost down. Heavy, wet Colorado spring-type snow accumulated on plane tail vertical sides, engine cowling sides, everywhere. By the time towel thrown, no way to get to a NRT hotel, which were full anyway. (UA to IAD and HNL apparently did depart after 10.00 under the quiet cover of darkness.) 9.000 people (newspaper estimate) truly stranded, and I can say from personal experience there is not one square inch of carpet in any public place. NRT announces per strandee disbursement of 1. sleeping bag, 2. 1 bottle water, 1 pack of biscuits. People were camped all over the place, wherever a spot could be found. A well-behaved group with a lot of airport and cops continually circulating but looked like a disaster-movie set (Life imitating Art). Tuesday morning, once strandees began stirring, became a Total Cluster-F. Hundreds, maybe thousands, lined up at ANA and UA to rebook. Took me over 2 hours in line just to get a new BP and bagtag.

Understand there's huge kudos due to the UA Club staff who stayed open all night (I went landside around midnight to retrieve checked bag) with one of the staff trying to get home on a bus, bus stalled in traffic ALL NIGHT. She turned around and resumed duty at the club at 6am.

Stand back when you ask, "So how was your trip?"

Tokyo was expecting snow (saw the report on SIN TV), but they did not prepare for it.
ICN1K likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
UA1064 MEX-EWR 737 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yesterday

UA938 ORD-LHR 763 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance

today

UA53 ZRH-IAD 763 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
UA959 LHR-ORD 763 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dutch_122
Another try tomorrow morning as UA2790 departure 0730am.
Same plane today has a 22h delay as UA883 (LHR-EWR)...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:54 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Originally Posted by djohannw
Same plane today has a 22h delay as UA883 (LHR-EWR)...

Greetings - Dirk

Oops, not good. Delayed due to aircraft maintenance.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
The must be getting hammered with EU261 at the moment it seems.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UA99 MEL-LAX 789 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.