Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Let's Eat - Economy Class (Domestic & International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Let's Eat - Economy Class (Domestic & International)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
J on the way out, no upgrade joy on way back.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fumje
This is a good sandwich. I do find myself wishing it came with a Cholula a la domestic F.
I am gagging just from the thought of having this sandwich served to me in a few days. The arrival meal hasn't changed in a decade it feels like.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by zeer0
I am gagging just from the thought of having this sandwich served to me in a few days. The arrival meal hasn't changed in a decade it feels like.
No it has not...and I'm thankful for that.

And that's the one thing I like about otherwise lazy PMCO crews...they at least warm up the sandwiches. Forget about it on PMUA...
Old Apr 15, 2018, 4:43 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
No it has not...and I'm thankful for that.

And that's the one thing I like about otherwise lazy PMCO crews...they at least warm up the sandwiches. Forget about it on PMUA...
Matthew you have such good taste it seems based on the blog. But not here
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA
Still soba noodles and beef on redeye PS, still tastes good.

Breakfast PS, french toast. Not bad, would probably get omelete next time.

2nd Breakfast PS, spinach and cheese omelete. As good as the BoB omelete (which I highly rate), different flavor, less food.
zeer0 likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Breakfast PS, french toast. Not bad, would probably get omelete next time.

2nd Breakfast PS, spinach and cheese omelete. As good as the BoB omelete (which I highly rate), different flavor, less food.
I like seeing the Chobani brand yogurts for your two breakfasts! From my point of view, a big improvement over the Upstate Farms yogurt. I'm in general very tolerating and flexible about food, but that Upstate Farms yogurt is the one thing I will not even open - the ingredients list does not look like yogurt to me, and it doesn't taste like yogurt either. Hope the Chobani sticks around (and hope it shows up on intercontinental economy breakfasts, too).
zeer0 likes this.
Old May 5, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: None yet
May 4
EWR-SFO
777-200
Economy Plus

Choice was between"chicken" or "pasta". I was the only one chose the "pasta". It was sweet-potato (?) stuffed "pasta" with cream sauce. Absolutely horrible. People should avoid it at all cost. Came with fruits (pineapple and grapes) and a small cheese cake square.

Tried new pre-mixed old-fashioned cocktail. Economy Plus can get it for free. Old moscow mule was gone.

Old May 7, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
EWR-SFO UA497. Breakfast choice of pancakes or swiss and pesto omelette. I picked the omelette and husband had the pancakes. Both came with chicken sausage, Chobani yogurt and fruit.

Both were disappointing, but the omelette was the better choice.

Kind bar before arrival.
Old May 7, 2018, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Anyone seen/tried the BoB egg/chorizo breakfast tacos?
Old May 7, 2018, 5:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Anyone seen/tried the BoB egg/chorizo breakfast tacos?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29708649-post181.html
Old May 7, 2018, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Thanks! I'll put a couple of salsa packs in my carry-on....
Old May 11, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
And the purchase on board boxes available on transpacific?

I'm booked on UA 7 in economy and was class to eat might be available.
Old May 15, 2018, 6:58 pm
NBL

Dinner timing?

Flying later this month EWR-BRU with a 6:25pm departure. How soon after takeoff are they likely to serve dinner? Wondering if we should have a full meal at the terminal.
Old May 15, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
If you're not sensitive to light/noise (or have eyemask/earplug/noise canceling headphones), I think eating in the terminal is the best option to maximize sleep.

Originally Posted by NBL
Flying later this month EWR-BRU with a 6:25pm departure. How soon after takeoff are they likely to serve dinner? Wondering if we should have a full meal at the terminal.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by NBL
It will take at least an hour probably closer to 90 minutes for the start of the meal and maybe 2 hours for the last in the premium cabin.] for service to begin.

On a short flight like EWR-BRU, if sleep is an objective, best to eat before boarding and skip the in-flight meal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.