Wiki Posts
Search

PQD decrease after Same Day Change

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2017, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
PQD decrease after Same Day Change

I am flying Dec 24 on a ticket that put me $33 over $12K to re-qualify for 1K. However, after I did a same day change, the PQD amount went down and now the total for the year will fall below the $12K. Will UA adjust this total considering the amount I paid for the ticket has not changed?
Old Dec 24, 2017, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Ask for ORC.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
ORC isn't the right term -- that's granted in cases of involuntary rerouting, which this definitely isn't. I have had this issue before switching the number of segments on an itin. A quick email to 1KVoice or MP asking for the correct number of PQD (ie the same as on your original routing) will get it fixed.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by garykung
Ask for ORC.
After an SDC you cannot ask for ORC. SDC is voluntary.

To the OP, did the PQD not credit correctly or are you just suspecting it won't be posting correctly? If the PQD is not posted correctly just refer MP to the ticket receipt and ask them to make a PQD adjustment.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Could it be different airport tax being applied due to the routing change that led to lower PQD?
Old Dec 24, 2017, 6:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - Why is the PQD different? Before doing anything, get to the bottom of that. Will help determine whether you are asking UA to correct a mistake or asking UA for a favor.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 6:41 am
Original Poster

I've been on the phone with the 1K desk to try and figure this out. Apparently, when the routing changed, the PQD dropped. I haven't taken the flights yet, and when I called to change back to the my original routing, it's no longer available.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by JamesHNL
I've been on the phone with the 1K desk to try and figure this out. Apparently, when the routing changed, the PQD dropped. I haven't taken the flights yet, and when I called to change back to the my original routing, it's no longer available.
But you said the amount didn't change ... so what happened to the missing $?
Old Dec 24, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
That is bizarre!

Youve already paid the PQD, how can they drop?
Old Dec 24, 2017, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by malgudi
But you said the amount didn't change ... so what happened to the missing $?
The amount I paid didn't change since I never got any money back. However, the PQD dropped by over $300 when the routing changed with the SDC. Interestingly, there are three legs, and the only one that remained the same is the one that dropped the most. The agent at the MP service center told me to write in with details after my trip. Fortunately, I have a screenshot of the original numbers.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The amount I paid didn't change since I never got any money back. However, the PQD dropped by over $300 when the routing changed with the SDC. Interestingly, there are three legs, and the only one that remained the same is the one that dropped the most. The agent at the MP service center told me to write in with details after my trip. Fortunately, I have a screenshot of the original numbers.
Any changes to an itinerary can redistribute the PQD in unpredictable ways. The MPSC should be able to sort it out after the fact, especially if you have a screesshot / receipt.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Could it be different airport tax being applied due to the routing change that led to lower PQD?
I thought taxes were not used in calculation of PQD...
Old Dec 24, 2017, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by mtftw

I thought taxes were not used in calculation of PQD...
i know, but I thought perhaps that routing through different airport may cause the tax to change, so the PQD was decreased to reflect the increase in tax. Just a question here....
Old Dec 24, 2017, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
The amount I paid didn't change since I never got any money back. However, the PQD dropped by over $300 when the routing changed with the SDC.
Do not trust anything United or united.com says about PQD on itineraries yet to be flown. They are notoriously wrong. Wait until it posts, then deal with the aftermath if there is any.
Two Bee likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Do not trust anything United or united.com says about PQD on itineraries yet to be flown. They are notoriously wrong. Wait until it posts, then deal with the aftermath if there is any.
+1 Don't sweat it now. Your PQD will post correctly after the segment is flown. Mine always has.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.