Wiki Posts
Search

Weird interaction with a DEN UC Staffer

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Weird interaction with a DEN UC Staffer

Patty in the DEN UC needs some more training. I don’t know what is going on in DEN but one of the train escalators is out, one of the moving walkways is out and the up escalator to the High# gates is out, so the down is running up. Time to leave, I go to the elevator since I have a roll on. Door is open, I get on and press for the concourse and the doors start to close, get about half way and open again. Press the button again, same thing. Try it twice more. Still on the UC level. A woman shows up as I’m about to get off and I wonder if it is a W&B issue, so we try it together. No dice, I get off after two tries. The desk people are busy, I carry my bags down. Not a big deal for me, could be a big deal for some people, that is like a triple staircase. I tell the one check in person, Patty, that the elevator isn’t working.

She tells me it is.

I tell her it isn’t.

She tells me that I’m mistaken.

I tell her that the doors try to close but won’t and it did it numerous times.

She says you have to wait awhile for the doors to close.

I guess I should have asked her how many times- , but I just looked at her and told her that the elevator isn’t working.

She said it is working.

I walked out wondering what in the heck just happened. I did go back to get her name. Patty, on the right hand side of check in on the high numbered gates. If you are going thru, ask her about the elevator and what her definition of ‘working ‘ is.

I was trying to be nice since a lot of older people would have issues with bags and those stairs. I don't know what is wrong with Patty. Why not say, "I'll check on it, thanks". The UC escalators have always been hit or miss, and I've had to use the elevator before, and I have 40+ years of operating them in general. It literally would have been insane for me to stand on that elevator and expect something different to happen.

What a weird way to start a trip.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Obviously, Patty's job has its ups and downs
cur, NoLaGent, ajGoes and 24 others like this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
As well as a better understanding of the in's and out's of customer service...

David
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
The escalators were not broken either. They just became stairs for the time being.
LAXOGG, awayIgo, Zoltar and 13 others like this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
The escalators were not broken either. They just became stairs for the time being.
not exactly. Up escalator was working fine in the high gates in DEN this morning, down was under maintenance. Two options were to use the stairs between, or the elevator. Only used the elevator once, and that was years ago when my daughter was in a stroller.

Two of the moving walkways were also under maintenance today, but in the opposite direction that I was going. And before anyone claims this should never happen, it's normal to not have this take a few hours, but more like a few days.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: 3 MMer
I thought posting employees names was verboten?
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
The DEN UC dragons are the worst I've encountered anywhere. Unsurprisingly, some of UA's supervisors there aren't much better either.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Isn't this just a normal day at the airport?
getagb, Coskigirl and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
All things considered, at least we're not at ATL
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Two Bee
Apparently it's okay only when it's laudatory (i.e. Annie and her own thread).
Personally I don't agree with it. They an employee with a name tag serving the public...come bad or good it shouldn't be considered a negative to mention them.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:43 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Two Bee
Isn't it highly discouraged, but nicht verboten?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Sorry if I broke protocol. I knew that employees were named in threads, I didn't realize that there were rules around it. It wasn't like I gave her last name and I always wondered if they used real names.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gengar
The DEN UC dragons are the worst I've encountered anywhere. Unsurprisingly, some of UA's supervisors there aren't much better either.

Broad brush there. I have had the opposite experience with both.
Coskigirl likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: none
Reading this far into the tread just cost me two minutes of my life that I'l never get back.
BeeeJay and SFHokie like this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Allan38103
Reading this far into the tread just cost me two minutes of my life that I'l never get back.
I always think it ironic when someone writes this, considering how your post just stole an additional 3 seconds from our lives ; )

Last edited by chavala; Dec 19, 2017 at 9:08 am Reason: spell

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.