Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Rumor: CX to leave OW for Star: UA implications?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor: CX to leave OW for Star: UA implications?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Are we closer to this scenario now that CZ is about to leave SkyTeam and many sources are saying oneworld for them is a matter of time?
I have not seen anything from a credible source indicating this is anything other than unfounded internet speculation.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Originally Posted by Kacee
Awards on CX metal and *G access to the fabulous CX lounges are two huge benefits that immediately come to mind.
In the unlikely event of CX leaving OW for *A, I would doubt that CX would permit *G admittance into the Wing First and Pier First lounges. Wing Business and Pier Business lounges, by comparison, are IMO not that much better than the HKG UC. The extra OW Emerald tier is one of the few pluses of being AA EXP over UA 1K.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sinoflyer
Wing Business and Pier Business lounges, by comparison, are IMO not that much better than the HKG UC.
I heartily disagree. The UC is not in the same league IMO, for design, atmosphere, variety of seating, or food. (And personally, I prefer the Bridge over either Wing or Pier.)
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:22 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold, Krisflyer Gold, HHonors Gold
I'm sure SQ and to a lesser extent TG would have quite a bit to say if CX applied to join *A! You can be certain that SQ wouldn't be laying out the welcome mat as a fierce regional competitor.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
If it is on the internet, then it must be true!

I couldn’t care less about who CX and CZ are flirting with, try to remain faithful with or decide to date with multiple partners.

It may be interesting to worth five min of reading just like I read the headlines of magazines while waiting at cashier lines at supermarkets.
seawolf and Kacee like this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by robbo135
You can be certain that SQ wouldn't be laying out the welcome mat as a fierce regional competitor.
You mean like they don't lay out the welcome mat for *G from other airlines, with limited lounge access, etc.?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 10:21 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by Kacee
I heartily disagree. The UC is not in the same league IMO, for design, atmosphere, variety of seating, or food. (And personally, I prefer the Bridge over either Wing or Pier.)
Same. I think that CX's J lounges are on the same level as Polaris, with a slight nod towards Polaris.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.